Never saw that one coming.

justa
Banned User

Re: Never saw that one coming.

Voltron
ebay. Or get a better one from best buy

Re: Never saw that one coming.

Centralized Smog
Have a smart phone with a data plan? Ois computer using wifi? Tether the computer to the smart phone. Many cell phone plans now allow this feature.

Re: Never saw that one coming.

justa
Banned User
iha

Re: Never saw that one coming.

iha
I am assuming that the u verse modem connects to your isp and your router or routers connect to the u verse modem. The U verse modem must bind to your isp and this is usually plug and play. If not call your isp and they will help you thru this process. The other option is to look up the mac address on the old u verse modem and substitute that mac to your new u verse modem in a process called "spoofing". Once the new u verse modem is bound then hook up your routers and you are good to go.
iha

Re: Never saw that one coming.

iha
You want a modem that is supported by your ISP. Office Depot may or may not have a modem that is supported. Go to your ISP web page and find their supported modems. Once you are up and running a spare modem does not help you if your ISP goes down. It is still a very big single point of failure. I use a Verizon Hot Spot as a backup to Time Warner. I wireless it to a bridge/router so that i have hardwired Ethernet ports. With this configuration i can run my internet phone, OIS and all my network requirements in case Time Warner takes a dump.

Re: Never saw that one coming.

Voltron
Google what modems work with uverse. Alot of people buy their own and post what works

Re: Never saw that one coming.

justa
Banned User

Re: Never saw that one coming.

Voltron
Lie detector determines that was a lie. I had uverse last year and bought my own modem and it worked fine. Their internet sucked though

Re: Never saw that one coming.

smog man
I believe the U Verse modem, is a all in one unit, built in router. I think TV, phone, and internet, all go through that unit. Did you try to reset it, too see if it will come back up?

Re: Never saw that one coming.

Voltron
I had the u400 bundle and had all my own equipment and it worked better than atts. And if it broke take to best buy and warrunty it and i dont have to wait 2-3 days for att to show up to replace with their crap. I now run comcast with my own equipment no problems