New Legislation

Re: New Legislation

none
My Name is Nobody wrote

Executive_Summary_Report_January_2017.pdf

Take a look at MY 2011.
Percentage (%) Failed OBDII = 2.79%
Percentage (%) Failed OBDII readiness = 2.11%

I have been thinking about this and I wonder if the true fail rate is actually higher. Up until this year I didn't test cars if the check engine light was on. Though I am only a small percentage these cars would never record as a failure. I wonder if many of these newer cars go back to the dealer for smogs where they likely get repaired under warranty before a smog test is ever run. The statistics would only show passes for these vehicles.

Re: New Legislation

My Name is Nobody
none wrote
My Name is Nobody wrote

Executive_Summary_Report_January_2017.pdf

Take a look at MY 2011.
Percentage (%) Failed OBDII = 2.79%
Percentage (%) Failed OBDII readiness = 2.11%

I have been thinking about this and I wonder if the true fail rate is actually higher. Up until this year I didn't test cars if the check engine light was on. Though I am only a small percentage these cars would never record as a failure. I wonder if many of these newer cars go back to the dealer for smogs where they likely get repaired under warranty before a smog test is ever run. The statistics would only show passes for these vehicles.
Probably higher but not by much.

I have always smog and fail vehicles with "check engine" light on especially vehicles are still under warranty so that my customer will have something to show to the dealer.

I think most shops are doing the same?
12