New OIS Testing

Jones
 I am wondering what going to happen when the new OIS will kick-in, at present we are not testing the CAN cars for monitor readiness. either we skip it or the machine skips it and the car passes smog no problem.
All these CAN vehicle now passed will not be passing with the new OIS check and I presume majority will fail. This going to hit our FPR badly.
Any comments.
TimeOut

Re: New OIS Testing

The STAR 'brain-trust' would simply say that the change will hit everyone equally, but you and I know that this is simply untrue, due to the varying customer demographics.  They claim that the year, make, model, and alleged mileage are sufficient indicators of a vehicle's condition and over-all maintenance history (and therefore a sufficient indicator of its ability to pass a follow-up test), but I call complete bull$hit on that.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: New OIS Testing

Hopefully the sac bar engineers have thought of this, otherwise you're right. we are fpr screwed to the max. I can only hope they're aware of this and will watch our backs.

Re: New OIS Testing

kfworry
The BAR Clown Engineers are wet behind the ear.
I've talked with people from Oregon where they "plug and play".
The "tuners" in Oregon know how to "turn-off" ready ness monitors,
Cat monitors, etc, to get vehicles to pass.
The tuners here in California will be all over this new OIS Test.

Re: New OIS Testing

By that time, everyone should start pre screening for the sake of their score.