New Program Pricing

007
There has been a lot discussion on pricing with the DAD program coming sometime in the future. It doesn't matter how easy the test is or how long it takes to do the test. The price shouldn't change. It still cost the same to run your business and make money. The real kicker that people need to realize is the fines that are implamented are going to be the same, if you miss something. So why would you take the risk for a cheaper price, who ever thought the price should or would be cheaper with this program was smoking some serious crack. They are watering down the license procedures for the new test and the shop will be more at risk with cheap inexperieced people testing the cars, so you will be more likely to get fined, maybe this is the BAR's way of thinking, to put more shops out of business and generate more money in fines.

Re: New Program Pricing

reactor
If  quick oil change stations get into this business and start driving the price down we are gonna have no choice but to compete with them. They can get DAD equipment and tech with no experience just to get the customers into their shops.

Re: New Program Pricing

kfworry
That is EXACTLY why Assembly Bill 2289 was written and signed into Law
by Governor Jerry Brown, to lower the cost.
Assembly Person ENG wrote the bill with the "mind set" of
"potential savings of time and money for the consumer during their
next smog check".
The Automotive Service Council of California opposed the bill, knowing
very well many vehicles would pass OBD II only, when in fact
the emissions might be over the max limit. I suppose they
did not have enough backing, Money, to get the bill thrown
out.
The state could care less what it, DAD, will do to us in the smog test business.
The state will end up bankrupting itself.

Re: New Program Pricing

Citation Addict
Not if BAR requires the shop have a dyno and a licensed tech on site.

Re: New Program Pricing

smogtech19
we need to tell jerry brown to lower his pay before he fucks with ours I mean its not like anyone in this field is getting rich

Re: New Program Pricing

SoCaL92626
Lawmakers are so short sighted that this test does not realize that vehicles may be passing the emissions part now but in 5 or 10 years from now when many of these vehicles are still on the road the emission levels are going to be extremely bad and unhealthy, bringing back the foggy smog days to California.
If lawmakers had better vision and knew what they were doing, the State of California would not be in the mess that it is in today. I had more than one vehicle with Gross Polluter levels of emissions and ZERO codes because the intake was cracked and welded by a muffler shop. Under the new test, if your behind any of these vehicles in traffic, you may faint!
What a waste of such a beautiful state and rich economy that has been sucked by money hungry ignorant unethical politicians.