New Years Day

s94m
Who is closed New Years Day? For those who are open, are you typically on the slower side?

Re: New Years Day

Kevin
I give the employees the option to come in @ normal pay scale, as the day usually brakes even with there wages

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019, 8:39 AM s94m [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Who is closed New Years Day? For those who are open, are you typically on the slower side?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/New-Years-Day-tp5078242.html

Re: New Years Day

WealdstoneRaider
Kevin wrote
I give the employees the option to come in @ normal pay scale, as the day
usually brakes even with there wages
 Dang no paid holiday what a codo. You 1099 your guys too?
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: New Years Day

user7112
Checked in with my co worker
we are not opening Jan 1ST

Re: New Years Day

SoCalSmogGuy
s94m wrote
Who is closed New Years Day? For those who are open, are you typically on the slower side?
Closed. Take the day off and enjoy yourself.

Opened in the past and it is slow.
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: New Years Day

Evaponly818
Haven’t checked with bossman but I’m calling it closed on the 1st. See how I feel about tomorrow in a bit.. hahah

Re: New Years Day

user7112
SoCalSmogGuy wrote
s94m wrote
Who is closed New Years Day? For those who are open, are you typically on the slower side?
Closed. Take the day off and ENJOY YOURSELF.

Opened in the past and it is slow.

Will do buddy....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: New Years Day

805smogtech
Get a payed holiday on New Years Day this year. Love it.

Shop I was at many years ago, I may have done 2 or 3 smogs on New Years day. At least I got time and a half though.

Re: New Years Day

dcf1ver
s94m wrote
Who is closed New Years Day?
The only ones not will be employers with no life and no respect for their employees lives outside of the job.

If you work at a shop that is open News Years day,find a better shop. There are tons of good shops out who will give you the day off AND pay for it.....

Re: New Years Day

Best Answer I Can Give
 That's a NICE racist statement.
Do you close for Chinese New year? Jewish New Year? Any New year that is not the White Christian New year.
  To call people names that you have never met. Now who is being the RACIST?

Re: New Years Day

user7112
I agree with Klan-master Besta

who's to say what holidays we should or should not celebrate? matter of perspective...

I'm open Sunday's and that's the Sabbath. My customers never complained that i worked on the Sabbath
same with the Chinese restaurants i've been to on Christmas day and new year's day. I did'nt complain

Or the numerous people that don't celebrate Thanksgiving

Best to leave politics and religion out of the workplace and respect one another's views without forcing our own views upon them

except astrology I think that is kinda dumb but to each their own

Re: New Years Day

WealdstoneRaider
Me? Codo means elbow in spanish and  is slang for stingy in spanish, does not have anything to do with skin tone. I remember him saying finding a tech is difficult, so with no little incentives like a paid day off etc doesn't help does it? Dcf1ver gets it. And other guy no one brought religion or politics into this, I was simply taking a small jab at kevin because he mentioned it's hard to find good reliable help.(I see now why basic tech hates besta)
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: New Years Day

user7112
ah
my bad man
i retract my last statement
I'll come down off my high horse

Re: New Years Day

none
I'm closed... and my tech gets paid for the day off.

Today is insanely busy.

Re: New Years Day

Able
We will be closed tomorrow, and our tech gets PAID. oh yeah and its super slow today!