New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

none
I just had a guy come by selling the new World Wide BAR-97 machine. It is $18,900 to buy it and has a 5 year warranty and built in zero air generator and he says a better bench. I figure the purchase price over renting a ESP GEN-3 would break even at 3 years and seven months. That is pretty tempting.

I currently have service contracts on both of my ESP GEN-2 BAR-97 machines and if World Wide is more reliable the service contract likely wouldn't be needed after the warranty is up. I BETA tested a World Wide DAD and though we had no problems the service guy would stop by and seemed pretty good.

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Never worked with either one so my input is worth very little.

 Now ESP\Opus looks better just from the fact that they will do the Dyno. (My understanding)
Dyno board goes down $5000. How much have you saved?

 What was with the ESP? Was it Clayton Dyno's?
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

I've never seen an ESP without a Mustang, and for the most part it is the most reliable part of the setup.

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

Dyno electronics are covered by both companies.

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Is part of the 5 yr, does that include the Dyno. If it does it looks like the better deal.

 For one I don't like the idea of just "Renting". At anytime the FU comes up and the prices goes CRAZY.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

Is part of the 5 yr, does that include the Dyno. If it does it looks like the better deal.

 For one I don't like the idea of just "Renting". At anytime the FU comes up and the prices goes CRAZY.
YES He said World Wide covers the Electronics and I believe that ESP covers everything but the electronics is all I'm worried about.

I too like the idea of owning it. I may rent an ESP as the second machine if I still feel enough of a need for a second BAR-97 for a few more years.

 We are in the same boat. Do I really want a second BAR 97.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

Skanga
The ESP Gen 3 is the most annoying pile of shit they could've come up with. I'm pretty sure they put in the cheapest CPU+memory combo and hired the worst software programmers to develop it. Either that or they haven't been able to fully optimize it yet. Hopefully it's the latter and future updates will make it run the way it's supposed to.

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

STI evap sucks

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

 The TRUTH BE KNOWN how many would just say Fuck it?
BAR is keeping Opus and WW happy with the STAR thing. You must own a BAR 97 to keep your STAR.
 If the BAR got rid of that rule? How many would BAIL OUT?

 The Great State of California, and let's be green. How many machines will be bought, just to keep Opus and WW happy?
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.
iha

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

iha
None,
Is this WW 5000 series, 6000 series? What financing terms are they offering?

EIS-5000,  Have you used either of these?

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

He said they do have a lease option. I didn't ask for details on it.
iha

I have the Platinum 5000 series upgraded with new bench and computer so that it runs on windows 7. I do not believe the 6000 series is as popular as the 5000. Both are BAR certified but the 6000 series is probably a lot more expensive.

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

none
Any feedback on the 5000? Good, Bad, Ugly?

I looked at the options and none of them seem necessary. A 2D scanner doesn't seem important if you are only doing 1999 and older.

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

Skanga
STI Evap machine sucks wrote
Skanga wrote
The ESP Gen 3 is the most annoying pile of shit they could've come up with. I'm pretty sure they put in the cheapest CPU+memory combo and hired the worst software programmers to develop it. Either that or they haven't been able to fully optimize it yet. Hopefully it's the latter and future updates will make it run the way it's supposed to.
I like the Gen 3. No problems here, except the battery on the remote control drains pretty fast.
Maybe you have one of the first beta Gen 3's with the hiccup's?
Nah, we got a Gen 3 long after they were released. The main reason I find it annoying is because their input methods are just as retarded as OIS. The interface on both don't need anything more than a few keys to enter our commands. The mouse is completely unnecessary, and in some cases on the Gen 3, they force you to use it.

The remote control is another abomination I won't get into.
iha

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

iha
My experience is with WW only. I do not have a service contract but i am very pleased with the 5000 series. Here are my service call breakdown.
2016 $834
2015 $1320
2014 $3220
2013 $2922
2012 $5708
2011 $5212
2010 $3283
2009 $1267
2008 $0
2007 $0

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

BlueSky
WW Least Terms
WW_Lease_Costs.pdf

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Leasing with a dollar buy out has the only way I have ever bought stuff. Something to do with the Tax write off.
I'm sure as hell glad I have not paid rent on my BAR 97 all these years.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: New enhanced BAR-97 machines.

Leasing with a dollar buy out has the only way I have ever bought stuff. Something to do with the Tax write off.
I'm sure as hell glad I have not paid rent on my BAR 97 all these years.
It will cost you MUCH more, even with a "write off".
Lets use a 60 month lease as an example since the cost is near what the ESP would cost you per month. At 60 X $439 you would pay $26,340. That is $7,340 additional. I get that the $18,900 is a large chunk of change but if you have been in business for a while you should at least be able to reduce the length of the lease to 24 months saving you $3,300.

I have been "paying rent" on my ESP machines these last several years. I have service contracts on both and it isn't cheap but every time they do a repair anymore it isn't cheap either. They replaced the electro-magnet unit on one of my dynos about a year ago to the tune of $10,000 on the warranty ticket. It still worked but the center bearing was screaming.