New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

WealdstoneRaider
Failed audit for zero air regulator "missing" doesn't like this one apperently.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

none
 seriously?

Re: New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

WealdstoneRaider
Meh needed a break from older cars anyway. Since most shops around me don't want to touch older vehicles I have a higher failure rate than them.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

You may check into if it's one that's not authorized by the bureau you may find that it out of compliance

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020, 3:28 PM WealdstoneRaider [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Failed audit for zero air regulator "missing" doesn't like this one apperently.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/New-guy-trying-to-impress-his-boss-I-guess-tp5082453.html

Re: New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

Are those zero air cylinders high pressure like the nitrogen? What CGA fitting do they use? (580 etc. should say on the valve) Thanks!

EDIT: Plumb a section of hose between the big "fixed" regulator and the little single stage one, maybe that'll make 'em happy? "in-line?"
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

WealdstoneRaider
I didn't find anything in the laws & regulations manual stating what kind of regulator is to be used but he just said it needs to be same ''kind'' that are on the low & high cal tanks. Oh junior you!
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

Able

Re: New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

none
Able wrote
I guess they want this one:

....airgas.com...
NO. That one would replace what he is showing.

Re: New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

What is on the other end of the clear hose by the machine?

Mine has a regulator there that goes 0-30 PSI.

Re: New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

Did the rep say which reg he didn't like, or does he not like both of them?  When he says use the same as what's on the cal gases, he doesn't mean coming off the cylinder with those does he?  I hope not!
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: New guy trying to impress his boss I guess

none
The small one you see in his picture with the gauge on it is NOT a regulator. There isn't a diaphragm. That is just to regulate flow. I use those on my paint spray guns.

My zero air bottle has a big regulator on it like he has and then the other end of the clear hose has a small low pressure regulator at the BAR97 machine where the zero air goes in. It is the same regulator that goes onto the small zero air bottles with a compression fitting.