New record.Describe your worst day

Lose weight
Mine is today.

-Modem for Evap upload took a crap so need to buy another

-Evap needs an upload but can't bc modem broke

-Bar97  dilution problem when attempting a TSI. Possible pump gone out

-Dyno giving false acceleration violation and dyno load error when attempting a ASM

-On an off OIS issues
From fat to buff. Healthy diet and exercising is not expensive it takes will!

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

Karupt
dang dude, that sounds rough . I authorize you to take the rest of the day off and try back in the morning  Is your evap the delphi ? I advise to open it up and take a look inside , very simple set up , lots of hoses and a computer strip that sometimes comes loose . It is not on warranty so don't worry about the "If you tamper with it ,you lose your warranty " bit . NOw about your BAR 97 isn't that still on warranty ? You should have the new one right ? warranty for up to one year . hope tomorrow finds your shop doing much better ! Hasta bro .

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

Best Answer I Can Give
 Some one who knows how, needs to post a link to the Dire Straight song BUG.

 Some days you get the elevator. Some days you get the shaft.

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

Worst day?
somewhere around 2010 when the mailman showed up with a certified letter from BAR. To this day the mailman scares me. Assholes puckers everytime I see him.

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

BasicTech678
Al wrote
Worst day?
somewhere around 2010 when the mailman showed up with a certified letter from BAR. To this day the mailman scares me. Assholes puckers everytime I see him.
i got a white packet form the bar around that time,  it was the damn   smog check guide when they usto actually mail them out  nice little heart attack

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

locopoco
Al wrote
Worst day?
somewhere around 2010 when the mailman showed up with a certified letter from BAR. To this day the mailman scares me. Assholes puckers everytime I see him.
^^^Ha,ha,ha I got one of those envelopes back in 2002,I know the feeling ,it's the worse.

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

Back up and running! Indeed the pump needed replacement and the dyno issue was a wrong setting or something.
From fat to buff. Healthy diet and exercising is not expensive it takes will!

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

F.U.BAR
First day at new job after 6 months not doing smogs. Alone in shop, no training, first day using GEN 3 ESP bar97, ESP evap machine, can't log into OIS (forgot password), not familiar with GEN 3 bar97 menus/protocol, don't know where tools/books are located in the shop, SLAMMED. 91 Toyota Camry timing test: jumper brushes against wrong terminal, makes contact, blows fuse. Old lady customer starts breathing down my neck, WHY WON'T IT START?  "YOU DESTROYED MY ENGINE??!!!" "DON'T TOUCH IT" "I'M HAVING IT TOWED" A week later, I receive a bill (towing + diagnostic for blown fuse + her "lost time" + DMV late fee) and a letter from her lawyer saying that they will ask for more money later if anything goes wrong with her car.  FML

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

dano
A week later, I receive a bill (towing + diagnostic for blown fuse + her "lost time" + DMV late fee) and a letter from her lawyer saying that they will ask for more money later if anything goes wrong with her car.  FML

How did that play out in the end???

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

F.U.BAR
I paid it, but if she tries to blame me for her 27 year old ignition system or computer going to shit, once either inevitably fail from old age, I will tell her to ki$$ my a$$

F.U.BAR
Yeah, that's what I would have done, if she hadn't been breathing down my neck, taking pictures, throwing a tantrum

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

dano
Our work orders state we are not responsible for anything basically.
Always wondered how it would go if it went down like that though.
It's def not your fault she was late paying her fees. You don't have
to have a smog to make payment.

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

F.U.BAR
This post was updated on .
I know, I thought of that. I figured they would sue me though. Her husband is the lawyer and I didn't want to pay court costs and trust that the judge would be any smarter/fairer than these clowns

Also, since I was hurrying and it was my first day writing estimates, (I always had a service writer before this), I didn't have her sign a copy of the estimate (we have the same small print), so I fucked myself. WRITE IT WRONG

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

Best Answer I Can Give
 He can't be that good of a lawyer is she was driving a 91 Camry.

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

F.U.BAR
I hope you're correct

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

Best Answer I Can Give
 Bill can't be over $5000. Small Claims. No Lawyers.

 This is WHY I have been saying THINK.
What are they going to get you for? You were never given the opportunity to fix the mistake. You never said it was OK to spend the money. Who says you caused the problem. Who says the other shop just did rip her off knowing she was not going to pay the bill. Did the other shop do only the needed repairs?
She spent money without your OK.

 THAT IS WHAT THE BAR IS FOR. BAR would a SHOULD have told her to pound sand. Why were you paying for repairs you could have done.
She, by her own free will took the vehicle out of the shop. She not YOU OKed the money to be spent.

 I feel you would have won.

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

KeepItReal
F.U.BAR wrote
I didn't want to pay court costs
It's around $100 but the person who is suing has to pay the court cost.

If you lose, then the judgment will add on the court cost.

F.U.BAR wrote
Her husband is the lawyer

Lawyers are not allowed in small claims court.

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

F.U.BAR
Any newbies reading this thread:

1. Have them sign the estimate (with odometer reading) and give them a copy (duh) before you start

2.When doing Toyota timing, put the jumper in the middle pin first, then go to the corner one, and don't even brush across any other pin (also duh)

Re: New record.Describe your worst day

F.U.BAR wrote
... timing test: jumper brushes against wrong terminal, makes contact, blows fuse...
I did something similar on an old Mitsubishi pick up. I grounded the wrong wire and it died in its tracks (being color-blind sucks sometimes). I just started checking it out and got it fixed. It blew a fuseable link. Sometimes you need to tell a customer to sit down and wait until its fixed.

I've had to pay for body work before for damage that happened here.

It sucks when you would be money ahead if you just stayed home in bed rather than open up the shop that day.