Nicked a cars body panel little damage to they body. Dent and some paint damage

Nicked a cars body panel little damage to they body. Dent and some paint damage

mikesmobile
What's the best way to approach this. Happened on the lot. Not sure if should go through insurance or just have a body guy fix it if the customer is ok with that.
DMV point on record, trying to avoid that.
Mike

Re: Nicked a cars body panel little damage to they body. Dent and some paint damage

1111
Settle it asap. Take care of the dent somehow.

Re: Nicked a cars body panel little damage to they body. Dent and some paint damage

cosmokramertheassman
Did you nick a customer's car or a stranger's car? I've bumped a customer car before and I offered to get it fixed for them by a body shop I trust. They were ok with it and appreciated that I didn't try to pass it off as prior damage. Cost me $350 I believe but the customer left satisfied and the body shop sold her some more work.

Re: Nicked a cars body panel little damage to they body. Dent and some paint damage

none
It has happened here too. I told him that he can bring it to a body shop and I would pay them. He was fine with that (actually happy). The body shop brought me an invoice that was cheaper than I thought it would be and I figure it is a cost of running a business.

Re: Nicked a cars body panel little damage to they body. Dent and some paint damage

Best Answer I Can Give
 Body shop down a little and across the Alley. We ding one, GIVE THEM A FREE CHECK and send them over to him. He brings me a invoice. DONE Usually cheaper.  Max $450.

Re: Nicked a cars body panel little damage to they body. Dent and some paint damage

mikesmobile
Customer agreed to let my guy take of it. Guy that works at a body shop so he's well equipped.
At first he was asking for insurance etc, he was a little irritated at first but then agreed.

Mike