Just figured I'd share my experience as this one was a pain and may help someone else out in the future. I've had a 2005 Pathfinder that I've been struggling to run the oxygen sensor monitor on for the past couple of weeks. Trims were well within spec +-2.5%. Front a/f sensors reading 1.5v and rear oxygen sensors that were steady at .65volts when cruising. I ran that damn drive cycle too many times with nothing to show.
This morning I put 91 octane in the truck and drove it real hard on a 45mph expressway. As I'm sitting at the 10th light or so, the monitor finally set. Just goes to show that sometimes the drive cycles in the book are full of shit.
I have a 05 Nissan truck, and I bought the truck with two bad cats. After purchasing two OEM cats, and two new oxygen(Air Fuel sensors rather) sensors (not OEM), it took me approximately 275 miles to set the monitors.
BUT for the first ~200 miles I did not abide by the suggested drive cycle.
After actually trying to set the monitors by the suggested drive cycle it worked coming to a stop light without pressing the brake.