No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

BlueSky
Had a BAR rep come by today.  He said they have now implemented the new program when a mismatch in data is detected, no cert will be issued must go to Referee Center to get vehicle certified.  That should make it harder to get illegal smogs.

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

Yeah, that douchemachine almost did that to me on a Hyundai.  OIS can't read CVN as well as my $20 Chinese code reader.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

smogtechsj
illegals smog is still going on in my area.

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

There was a thread posted here with some discussion about it.
http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Referee-Directed-Vehicles-td5054386.html

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

BlueSky
none wrote
There was a thread posted here with some discussion about it.
http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Referee-Directed-Vehicles-td5054386.html
Yea I know but at the time BAR still had not implemented it.  I was just letting everyone know it is now the rule.

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

SmogTechmm23
I was told by an SPX technician that if a car is flagged to be sent to refereee and the car dosn'nt show up to the referee the station was ios machine was to be locked.
Marco A. Martinez

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

Best Answer I Can Give
 Sounds like someone is blowing smoke up someones ass.

 How long till they lock you out? How do you make SURE they go to the Ref?
YOU cannot. YOU work and that shop. All of those cannot MAKE  a person go to the Ref.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

I had a Mercedes go Auto-Ref yesterday, I'll let you guys know if I get locked out.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

SmogTechmm23 wrote
I was told by an SPX technician ...
The SPX tech will be out of a job pretty soon anyway. Maybe he can get a job at CNN reporting "fake news".

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

D,

What car was it? No DMV paper I assume?

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

No DMV paper. It was a 200? E320 that was going through an incorrect cat crisis. I had prechecked and rejected it once and on the second visit he had the right cats but it went REF. I think someone else tamper failed it before me.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

Best Answer I Can Give
 Truth in my world?
Couple 16 hours classes a while back, the first two hours of how we are not sending enough stuff to the Ref.
Send more to the Ref. = We are paying the Ref and we need to justify that cost.

 Face it, WHAT DOES THE REF DO ANYMORE?
The day of the Engine swap is just about gone. If someone does it's a new engine (LS) to a old roadster.
The day of taking the POS carbed 350 out and putting in the TPI 5.7 in the K5 Blazer. GONE.
The Chevy 350 in the Jag? All those old POS Jags are GONE.

 So why the Ref thing? The Law says they need one. Now they must make a use for them.

 When was the last time you needed to send one to the Ref? Here it has been a while.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

When was the last time you needed to send one to the Ref? Here it has been a while.
http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Thanks-but-no-thanks-Mr-Ref-tp5045847.html

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

KeepItReal
BlueSky wrote
Had a BAR rep come by today.  He said they have now implemented the new program when a mismatch in data is detected, no cert will be issued must go to Referee Center to get vehicle certified.  That should make it harder to get illegal smogs.
A guy just came and asked if I can do referee directed cars.

He sells cars on the side and if it will cost to much to fix he calls a tech in LA and gives him the VIN # over the phone and smogs it that way.

He says he charges $150 a car.

He said the tech told him that in the middle of the smog it said it had to go to the referee.

I asked him for the VIN so I can check what it says and this came out.

Re: No Cert Will Be Issued Must Go To Referee Center

KeepItReal
I just reread my post and it sounded like I was trying to see if I could clean plug it.

I wasn't.

I never heard of a referee directed car before and wanted the see what it said on the vehicle test history.