No EGR Motorhome

bayareasmog
Im going to try to make this as short as possible. Motorhome came in for a smog, registration address says Bakersfield. I smog in northern California. 2001 motorhome, Ford 6.8L V10. The vehicle had no underhood emission label. Time came to check for egr, visual/functional. The book says it's suppose to have an egr, years 2000,2001, 2002 (just in case). No egr was found. I ask for previous smogs. Smog was done in 2015.....EGR visual and functional done, in bakersfield. Double checked my emission vacuum routing book. It said EGR (if equipped). I grab my scan tool, to check monitors for EGR. All monitors are INC, except for EGR which says NA. We know the computer thinks it doesn't have an EGR. But with the previous smog and the book telling me its suppose to have it, I failed him and told him to get an underhood emission sticker from the Ford dealer or to go to the REFEREE. Thoughts? Opinions? What would have you done? Thanks

Re: No EGR Motorhome

sfosvc1
It sounds like you did it by the book (no pun intended)... :)
Are you working in The City??

Re: No EGR Motorhome

bayareasmog
East bay area

Re: No EGR Motorhome

Calibration Required
I experienced the same situation a few years ago. The dealer verified that those engines were never equipped with an EGR.

Re: No EGR Motorhome

Best Answer I Can Give
 First MISTAKE? You went to the book.
BAR comes out and hassles you? Look picture of engine. FACTORY plate over where valve should be. No closed off lines running up from exhaust.
Look picture of scanned Data EGR N\A.

 You can prove to the BAR ALL DAY LONG THAT THE BOOK IS WRONG. You went by KNOWN DATA.

 You can prove it because you WROTE IT DOWN. Plus you should take pictures.

 Beat the BAR at there own game. You have PROOF IN HAND.

Re: No EGR Motorhome

kfworry
The 6.8L V-10 in the "Motor Home" section of the Motor Manual says N/A for EGR.
I have seen the EGR on the 6.8 L V-10 in a pick-up truck.
The EGR valve "on applicable applications" is mounted on the right rear of the intake manifold.

Re: No EGR Motorhome

Just the Facts

Re: No EGR Motorhome

BlueSky
I just smog tested a 2002 Fleetwood 6.8l and the Motors book says it has an EGR.  The emission sticker says NO EGR.  This is the best picture I could take.

There was no egr on this motorhome.

Re: No EGR Motorhome

BlueSky
This is a larger image of the previous image

Re: No EGR Motorhome

SOLO310
DIDNT YOU REMOVE THE COVER FROM THE INSIDE I ALWYS DOO

Re: No EGR Motorhome

dmlusmc
When you say EGR functiional on this motorhome you must be refering to checking for the EGR monitor. cause I don't see anywhere in the book where BAR requires us to do a functional test of the EGR on 96 and newer OBD 1 trucks. Its not a bad idea tho.