Not an emulator

scanner
An owner of a TO station was telling me of a device that plugs in between the vehicle and DAD.  Not an emulator, but more like a pass thru device.   When the DAD does a Mode 3 call, the device substitutes a MIL Off status to the DAD.   All other OBDII Mode calls are passed through to the DAD as if it were directly hooked to the vehicle.   As long as the required monitors have completed, it will allow the vehicle to pass it's OBDII test.

Has anyone heard of this device?

Re: Not an emulator

BasicTech678
damn that slick but wouldnt mode 6 if its downloaded show what is out of range??

also some pids would be out of range if you had a dead cat. we dont know all the info the OIS is pulling from the vehicle more than just MIL on or off.

lol ask him to show it to you. if hes telling you about it he might own it lol

Re: Not an emulator

Yes ever since OIS came about the pass thru device was all you hear about selling from 10k+ supposedly (shops love chatting) But I hear the shops won't pass a car if it already failed previously somewhere else just in case the info is slightly off.

Re: Not an emulator

BasicTech678 wrote
damn that slick but wouldnt mode 6 if its downloaded show what is out of range??
You're right, If a cat was replaced, and the owner allowed the PCM to turn off the light, Mode 6 would show passing numbers, not failing numbers.  The mature code would still be in memory, but if the light is off, it's a pass.   All of the accusations that I've seen are for wrong protocol, or wrong number of PIDs.   The program or the tech looking at the data would have to look hard at Mode 6 in order to catch the cleanplugger.

lol ask him to show it to you. if hes telling you about it he might own it lol
He said an ex-employee has one, and told him about it.   I was wondering if anyone has seen this device.

Re: Not an emulator

Lose weight wrote
Yes ever since OIS came about the pass thru device was all you hear about selling from 10k+ supposedly (shops love chatting) But I hear the shops won't pass a car if it already failed previously somewhere else just in case the info is slightly off.
Lots of hearsay and gossip, but I'd like to know if anyone has seen it in action.  I would like hook up my scanner, and see what was coming from the device.   If you've ever connected 2 scanners to a vehicle, they don't play nice, conflict, and kick each other out.   Someone spent a lot of time making this work, if it exists.

Re: Not an emulator

none
I wonder if it is made but the same guy who makes the illusive "100 MPG carburetor"?

I always hear about it but I've never seen it.

Re: Not an emulator

I wonder if it is made but the same guy who makes the illusive "100 MPG carburetor"?
I betcha he designed it so whatever car it was on, would also have low NOx too.

I wonder what happened to that guy?  Detroit probably put a contract out on him or paid him off.

I always hear about it but I've never seen it.
I would guess the device would automatically use the protocol it was connected to, and once it saw the call for the MIL, capture it and send the bogus info to the DAD.   A neat trick if it's true.

Re: Not an emulator

Kevin
Thats the thing each manufacture broadcasts different data when the wrong clone data is sent is how you get caught

Re: Not an emulator

Best Answer I Can Give
 Why bother? Is the money worth that much?

Re: Not an emulator

I always hear about it but I've never seen it.
It's this one.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Finally-BAR-is-Getting-TOUGH-tp5065628p5065665.html

It's known as a "Bit Flipper"  When the DAD asks for the MIL status, the device flips the bit from "1" to "0" or vice versa, whatever it is for "MIL Off"

The device isn't perfect.  You saw in the BAR video that that it was one of the devices confiscated in the raid.

Re: Not an emulator

Best Answer I Can Give
 Has any one here seen one in person? Does any one even KNOW what the price is?
Seems to me, $3000 for the tool. that is 10 before the tool is even paid for.
If it is closer to 5K or 10K, that is a lot of times hanging the thing out just to break even.

 Word has to get around that you are willing to cheat. Those words fall on the wrong ears and?

 NO THANKS. I can make more doing it right than cheating them.

Re: Not an emulator

i couldnt find specs for the "system 1 Obd nator" i think its gonna be that device

the other 2 links i posted require manual pid input along with all sensor values leaving the scammer more room for error.

a pass through device that only  block codes and mil is impressive and most likely made from a worker with in the company, or a third party who sources the equipment

 NO THANKS. I can make more doing it right than cheating them.
reason why i was never interested in cheating the program, yes fast money but i knew eventually the technology would catch up then you have a group of 50+ pissed off customers who wont lose anything if they flip on you.

Re: Not an emulator

BasicTech678 wrote
i couldnt find specs for the "system 1 Obd nator" i think its gonna be that device
Yes, it's that device.  The TO owner was calling it a "Nator".

BAR can detect it.  It's just like those shops that use inert gases up the tailpipe, it's got a signature.   There's always something that doesn't smell right.

Re: Not an emulator

BasicTech678
alibaba had them all over the place cant find them anymore must have went under or have to know a guy that has direct contact with them.

Re: Not an emulator

 Hell with the new 8 year thing? Put all the stuff on it you want. Tear it up, sell it out of state.

Re: Not an emulator

BasicTech678 wrote
alibaba had them all over the place cant find them anymore must have went under or have to know a guy that has direct contact with them.
I suppose CARB or USEPA might gotten the owners of Alibaba to yank the product since the device's only purpose was to commit fraud against every smog inspection program across the country.

I guess they have different degrees of fraud since they still sell unlicensed clones of various scanners.

Re: Not an emulator

No longer shipped to U.S. Price sounds about right from all the smog station gossiphttps://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/obdnator_50023029299.html

Re: Not an emulator

dano
Lose weight wrote
No longer shipped to U.S. Price sounds about right from all the smog station gossiphttps://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/obdnator_50023029299.html

I'm sure they'll still ship to Mexico, so yeah they'll never get to the U.S. anymore.. LoL!!!!

Re: Not an emulator

Lose weight
Lol exactly shipped to a relative in mexico and brought here.But good to know BAR is catching em anyway.