O2 sensor stripped

Evaponly818

Re: O2 sensor stripped

none
Are you saying the threads are stripped and it's loose or the hex (nut) is rounded? If it was loose I would fail it.

Re: O2 sensor stripped

Evaponly818

Re: O2 sensor stripped

Evaponly818 wrote
Where u tighten the oxygen sensor, if it’s stripped that would not be considered a failed right
how would u know its stripped? did you remove an o2 spacer after the cat monitor passed

Re: O2 sensor stripped

Evaponly818

Re: O2 sensor stripped

BasicTech678
Evaponly818 wrote
BasicTech678 wrote
Evaponly818 wrote
Where u tighten the oxygen sensor, if it’s stripped that would not be considered a failed right
how would u know its stripped? did you remove an o2 spacer after the cat monitor passed
Orale class clown. The hex is stripped not the thread
why would you fail for a stripped hex. still sus whos strips o2 sensors

Re: O2 sensor stripped

Evaponly818

Re: O2 sensor stripped

smog frogposter
If there is no visible damage to the sensor itself, and the wire(s) are in good condition along with the connector and it is sealed without any exhaust leaks there's really no reason to fail the part for a stripped hex nut.

Did BESTA hack BASIC'S account?

Did BESTA hack BASIC'S account?
lol no i keep my short and to the point dont want you falling asleep halfway through the first paragraph. of the essay reply back. but damn none ouch thought we were boyz  LMAO

Re: O2 sensor stripped

if the hex is rounded its fine, but if its loose then it fails

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 12:44 PM Evaponly818 [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Where u tighten the oxygen sensor, if it’s stripped that would not be considered a failed right

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/O2-sensor-stripped-tp5080338.html

Kevin Casillas

Re: O2 sensor stripped

BayAreaSmogTech
who certifies these techs?

Re: O2 sensor stripped

Evaponly818

Re: O2 sensor stripped

805smogtech
Here's some advice from a fellow smog tech. Threads get stripped or cross/threaded . Nuts and bolt-heads  get rounded off.

So from the sounds of it, you inspected a car that had a rounded 02 sensor nut? Me personally, if i seen that i'd probably give the wire a yank and see if it was in there solid, and pass it. All that probably happened is someone replaced it themselves in their driveway and they probably didn't have one of those 02 sensor tools and rounded the nut trying to get it tight. Doesn't seem to me to be a legit reason to fail someone.

The only way you'd ever know the 02 sensor was stripped would be if you pulled out the old one and pulled out some of the threads out of the exhaust pipe (just like a stripped oil drain plug). Then tried to re-install and it was super hard to get tight. That would be stripped or possibly also cross-threaded.

Re: O2 sensor stripped

Best Answer I Can Give
 Thanks I laughed my DAMN ASS off all last night and this morning over some of the crap that was put down, that sounded like it could come from ME