OBD2 connection error GEN3

Evil Morty
heads up if your having random connection errors with the obd2 try to "wake it up" before you do each smog by going on your OBD2 diagnostics menu click voltage first then connect or by going to manual gas reading mode and click obd2 Opus tech said with the new software update computers going into sleep mode can have internet connectivity problems as well... POS GEN3!!!
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: OBD2 connection error GEN3

His_Stigness
I had my OBD freeze the entire program the other day. Tech came out and replaced the bluetooth module and everything seems fine now.

If you're leasing or have a service contract, don't be afraid to call them out.

Re: OBD2 connection error GEN3

Also make sure your software is up to dateĀ

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020, 3:14 PM Evil Morty [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
heads up if your having random connection errors with the obd2 try to "wake it up" before you do each smog by going on your OBD2 diagnostics menu click voltage first then connect or by going to manual gas reading mode and click obd2 Opus tech said with the new software update computers going into sleep mode can have internet connectivity problems as well... POS GEN3!!!
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/OBD2-connection-error-GEN3-tp5082719.html

Re: OBD2 connection error GEN3

seeerg707
Do CTRL ALT & DELETE REBOOT CP . FIXES PROBLEM . ESPECIALLY AFTER SMOGING RV IT GLICTHES.  Next time instead of OBD for RPM get RPM with tach and the scan will go through after the ASM !
Serg

Re: OBD2 connection error GEN3

BasicTech678
seeerg707 wrote
Do CTRL ALT & DELETE REBOOT CP . FIXES PROBLEM . ESPECIALLY AFTER SMOGING RV IT GLICTHES.  Next time instead of OBD for RPM get RPM with tach and the scan will go through after the ASM !
if you reboot computer you have to wait for 30 min warm up though

Re: OBD2 connection error GEN3

Technician A
BasicTech678 wrote
seeerg707 wrote
It is faster on the ESP. It was only a couple of minutes when it was brand new. Now it is under 10 minutes.
iha

I have the WW with an earlier and different manufacture for the bench. Doing a ctrl alt del and reboot requires no warmup. Do not remember the manufacture.

Re: OBD2 connection error GEN3

BasicTech678 wrote
seeerg707 wrote
Do CTRL ALT & DELETE REBOOT CP . FIXES PROBLEM . ESPECIALLY AFTER SMOGING RV IT GLICTHES.  Next time instead of OBD for RPM get RPM with tach and the scan will go through after the ASM !
if you reboot computer you have to wait for 30 min warm up though
I'm using the Battery Tach connection more now.  Random cars lose the OBDII connection.   When I lose the RPM through the DrewTech interface, I'll just push the reset button, but only use the interface to pull OBDII data.

Re: OBD2 connection error GEN3

seeerg707
Yes after ctrl alt delte for ESP Gen 3 takes 4 min to warm up . Also if you abort a test using ctrl alt delte it won't count as an abort !!!
Serg