OEM#

justa
Banned User

Re: OEM#

Karupt
Justa, I know I have done it several times . But , I do believe there is an option on that same page that states " or press continue to proceed without entering them" or something to that effect . The benefit of actually putting them in the VIR database , is that in two years if some other tech decides to fail it for aftermarket part , hopefully the BAR can look at the smog check and see that that particular EO number was entered two years ago . so they can see you were right and other guy was wrong and not DING your star number . But then ,why doesn't the VIR for the OIS show us the EO numbers when we do remember to enter them ?

Re: OEM#

You mean EO number??
iha

Re: OEM#

iha
To put in EO numbers is like putting the noose around your own neck!

Re: OEM#

Monkey
I put the Numbers in the Comments Box Area also.

Re: OEM#

Monkey wrote
I put the Numbers in the Comments Box Area also.
Absolutely, every time here.

Re: OEM#

Karupt
Monkey and Barry , excellent idea !   Iha why do you consider it putting a noose round your neck? if the numbers check out , I think it is protecting our own interest.

Re: OEM#

iha

Re: OEM#

iha
Putting in EO numbers does not protect the Tech in any way shape or form. Transpose a number and you are screwed! Parts change and you are screwed!

Re: OEM#

I wish that when you enter the EO# in where it asks it would show up on the VIR.

I don't care for how if I put a comment in on a passing smog it prints two pages.

Re: OEM#

justa
Banned User

Re: OEM#