OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

Samy
There is a part on OIS asking vacuum hoses to sensors and switches. As you know most diesels don't have any vacuum hoses, if they do it is coming from the vacuum pump.
What would you answer  if there is only one hose from EGR cooler to EGR feedback sensor? Is this a pass on vacuum hoses to sensors and switches or N/A. I am including a picture to show you what it looks like. it is right behind OIL cap.
Thank you.Pressure hose

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

Best Answer I Can Give
 A true Diesel? Yes you are correct. It does not create vacuum. The diesel I am seeing have to me what looks like a throttle body, yes a electronic one, but one just the same. Put a throttle body on a diesel and you will create a pumping lose and VACUUM.

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

Kevin
Are you asking what's you posted in the picture of its modified?

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

defective
Dont forget the pressure signal hose to the wastegate actuator!

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

Kevin wrote
Are you asking what's you posted in the picture of its modified?
NO, I see his point. If you look at a FORD 7.3L or a DODGE 5.9L there are no emission related "VACUUM" hoses. The MAP and waste gate all work off pressure not vacuum so what do you answer to the prompt on visual inspection? I still say PASS or TAMPERED.

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

D Rochells 150861
I move to have the category redefined as "Hoses with air inside that do important shit"

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

Samy
Yes since there are no vacuum hoses do you still say pass on vacuum hoses connected to sensor and switches or you put N/A.

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

Best Answer I Can Give
 Wonder how many have FAILED because the water line for the wipers are hanging down.

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

smogido
School instructor told me on Diesel trucks if they have wastegate then there is a vacuum line. On Sedans you can see vacuum everywhere.

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

smogido wrote
School instructor told me on Diesel trucks if they have wastegate then there is a vacuum line. On Sedans you can see vacuum everywhere.
Sadly your instructor is wrong though. The wastegate opens with pressure, not vacuum. It open and dumps excess pressure when intake pressure goes above the spring rate of the wastegate. In the case of my Dodge it is only 25psi.

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

smogido
So there is no vacuum line connected to wastegate?

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

none

That line gets PRESSURE from the turbo compressor housing, not VACUUM.

Re: OIS Diesel Vacuum hoses

Samy wrote
Yes since there are no vacuum hoses do you still say pass on vacuum hoses connected to sensor and switches or you put N/A.
I enter pass because to me it is just semantics.