OIS RPM TEST

FiendFX
Did one for a BMW today, was wondering has anyone seen one that actually FAILED?

Re: OIS RPM TEST

D Rochells 150861
It's not about failing the cars, they are trying to see if you are using an OBD simulator.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: OIS RPM TEST

Best Answer I Can Give
 Now are they looking for RPM change or changes in Fuel Trim?

Re: OIS RPM TEST

D Rochells 150861
They are looking for about 5 minutes of wrong RPM while you try to see the tiny fucking tach. If you get the RPM correct too quickly they assume you just turned the dial on the emulator.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: OIS RPM TEST

Best Answer I Can Give
 Does it matter? Yes. With the crap now that they can charge you without them having Proof Plus with numbers they and they only hold. OH yes we could be in deep shit.

 Now real life. I have nothing to hide. Bring it on.

Re: OIS RPM TEST

D Rochells 150861
It occurred to me the other day that there is probably a list of customers who want illegal smogs. This list is very valuable. It allows a small group of people to make a lot of money by selling these illegal smogs to shops. They don't even have to do the smogs, just be the go between for the shops and customers. The list keeps growing. If a shop is busted that isn't part of the operation, they can see the citation and go buy the illegal customers from that shop.

You know who else has that list? BAR. Maybe I watched The Departed too much.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: OIS RPM TEST

Best Answer I Can Give
 My feeling is, most of the cheaters are used car guys. Do you want to deal with them?

Re: OIS RPM TEST

D Rochells 150861
I don't think anyone becomes a used car dealer without being ok with screwing people over, so no. But they do bring a lot of business and they probably aren't undercover cars so I put up with them. The dealers around here have a guy in Richmond for illegal stuff, they don't try to sneak stuff through here.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: OIS RPM TEST

Best Answer I Can Give
 To be a used car guy, your parents were never married. Making you a ______

Re: OIS RPM TEST

Now are they looking for RPM change or changes in Fuel Trim?
I think they are looking at a lot of data that should match at certain RPMs. Data like air flow GPM that should be within a certain range at that RPM.

Re: OIS RPM TEST

D Rochells 150861
http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/file/n5061174/Smog_Check_OBD_II_Data.pdf;cid=1509149964168-466

page 17

Dynamic OBD Testing

Interrupt an OBD inspection to require the technician to hold two
different idle speeds for timed increments
• Currently running on certain vehicles that are frequently certified
fraudulently
• Record specific PIDs that change during a transient event
– TPS, O2, MAF, RPM
• This data can potentially be used to further prove simulator use
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: OIS RPM TEST

Best Answer I Can Give
 Problem is, What we are told and what it is. The Dyno Weight thing is for the computer to calibrate the load.
Truth is the weight think is to make sure you are not using the same clean piping vehicle.

 SO WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

Re: OIS RPM TEST

Best Answer I Can Give
 Can't find it. I think it was D, but they were saying how hard it is to keep the high RPM on the Fords.

 Ahh Asspopper. Very easy. Two person job. Sit in car. Rev up to@ 1800. Have person #2 pull plug to IAC motor. Light will not set. Now 2250 to 2750. Do test. Come back down SLOW Have helper plug back in IAC. Bring to idle.

 That is how you do the Ford's that will not stay at the needed speed. Take the IAC out of the system.

Re: OIS RPM TEST

random test to see if we are not clean plugging .

Re: OIS RPM TEST

BasicTech678
did another one today, most i recall ive done have all been gm products chevy 1500 pick ups

Re: OIS RPM TEST

Smogtech
yes tiny rpm can't see sht.

Re: OIS RPM TEST

D Rochells 150861
They figured we are all using simulators and aren't far away from the monitor.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: OIS RPM TEST

Best Answer I Can Give
 Who looks at the Tach? Look at the numbers.

Re: OIS RPM TEST

Best Answer I Can Give
 Just did a 06 Ford Diesel.