OIS Update

007
ESP rep just called and said starting OCT 10th they are adding a two speed ldle test to the OIS. He said we will be getting an email and if we don't open the email and read it the machine will lock out come the 10th.

Re: OIS Update

Best Answer I Can Give
 Funny None and I, I know are Beta. Heard nothing about that. Maybe None does?

Re: OIS Update

Nothing is official, until BAR themselves say so.. Therefore, BAR has given us any news yet, so it ain't gonna happen...

Re: OIS Update

ninjastar808
nothing here, either.

Re: OIS Update

Kriss Vector

Re: OIS Update

007: you must be sadly mistaken.
Rumors and propaganda

Re: OIS Update

007
No, if Esp is calling there custimors and informing them, that means BAR has notified them. I don't think ESP is in the business of spreading rumors and propaganda.

Re: OIS Update

FiendFX
Don't you think something like this, BAR would send a BAR blast first?

Re: OIS Update

 To what end? Why? How are you going to do that when they tell you to turn it off and then turn it on but don't start it?

 Hit the throttle maybe to stop you from using a computer. BIG JOKE they will come out with a way to beat that.

Re: OIS Update

I am sure we will get a blast this week, maybe are rep is over zeleous and started his calls early. I am just telling everyone about the call I got today. You can believe it or not your choice. Just passing information along. Like it or not, I am sure he is telling the truth, somebody has to be the first to no.

Re: OIS Update

Smogtech
I believed you, very soon nomore BAR97 I hear not until 2020 but maybe sooner

Re: OIS Update

007 wrote
 You can believe it or not your choice.
I'll choose option two.

Re: OIS Update

To what end? Why?
If the rumor is true, it wouldn't be a traditional TSI since there is no gas bench used with the OIS.

The reason I would think they would do a TSI on OIS is to prevent cheating the OIS test with a simulator.

If I were to program that into OIS, I would randomly vary the time and RPM the vehicle operates at and would be watching other output such as the O2 frequency.  Maybe include the data from the snap test.  I would imagine it would be pretty difficult to for a program to do that with all the different engine platforms.

Way in the future the proposed new platform (BAR 2012- 2018?) could integrate gas readings along with the OIS data to prevent cheating with a simulator.

Just speculating and putting out a SWAG.

Re: OIS Update

Sales desperation. They want to sell Gen3 and will say anything to spook you into thinking there are changes coming. The only changes that are sure is they are obsolete soon! Oct 10 2018 maybe but it will have little to do with the OIS.

Re: OIS Update

007 wrote
ESP rep just called and said starting OCT 10th they are adding a two speed ldle test to the OIS. He said we will be getting an email and if we don't open the email and read it the machine will lock out come the 10th.
I can't imagine a company locking OIS out at all since BAR owns and operates the software.   All updates for OIS has been downloads from BAR servers.

Re: OIS Update

007,

Think about this.. Before OIS was gonna be implemented, do you remember how many BAR blast we got prior to date it was gonna start? Therefore, I don't think it's gonna happen..

Re: OIS Update

007
Checked with some other sources and they confirmed it to be true. It is a test program they will be checking select years make and models to look at. Based on the test program they will determine if it will become part of the test on all cars. They are going to be looking for performance chips. The performance chips go into performance mode after the car comes off idle, they will compare what it should be verse what it is. At this point they didn't no if it would be failing cars or just gathering information. We should be seeing a email this week.

Re: OIS Update

none
So it sounds like you are going to be a BETA test station for a new platform? COOL, let us know how it works out.

Re: OIS Update

007
NO they didn't say anything about it be an individual beta test, it sounded like everyone will be involved. It sounds like the engine family thing they wanted us to do, but it wont be optional.

Re: OIS Update

Best Answer I Can Give
 OK I can see that. Chips that don't work till off Idle. I will bet some of us have passed Chipped Cars, NOT KNOWING it was done.

 Now the other thing that comes to mind, is the BAR fishing. I think each and every one of us will agree the "Fail Rate" has gone to hell.
Are they looking for a reason. We know that they  cannot admit OIS SUCKS