OIS and EO#

Monkey
So do you put the EO# in even for the incorrect part. Lets say 2004 Chev Silverado with Headers EO# says not for this vehicle do you still put the EO# in ?

Re: OIS and EO#

Johnnybeme
Absolutely it is you insurance policy. Oh it could also be your death warrant, so put it in anyway, it is your job.

Re: OIS and EO#

Yes, I put it in even if it's wrong.  I had one with more than three EO #s, so I had to put the remaining ones in just the comment section, instead of both.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: OIS and EO#

justa
Banned User

Re: OIS and EO#

just another shop owner wrote
... Plus WTF is the deal with the CAT's and now there no good? ...
They're still good, as long as they were good when they were installed.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: OIS and EO#

Monkey
The Problem is I put the numbers in like everyone else it seems but the shop down the street will past the car I fail 30 min later.  Kind of makes you say MMMM

Re: OIS and EO#

justa
Banned User

Re: OIS and EO#

Karupt
so you fail it , then write in the comment box wrong part for this vehicle etc . and write in the wrong EO ? that makes sense to me .That way when the guy goes down and gets passed somewhere else there ,and decides he wants to file a complaint cause thinks we did it wrong and wants his money and calls the BAR we will have covered our base .

Re: OIS and EO#

You put it in regardless right or wrong. It states if this vehicle has any aftermarket parts that are required EO number.

Re: OIS and EO#

Well, what do you do if it has an aftermarket part that should have an EO, but the number is unknown and you wish to fail it? You have to enter something in the EO fields after saying yes, or you cannot proceed.

I want the detailed parts entry from the repair $/labor section that has every possible part, and the dropdown boxes for "pass/defective/tampered" should have "aftermarket" as an option, which opens a popup box where you enter the EO and engine family and the OIS make the decision.

Re: OIS and EO#

Citation Addict
I do, and write in the comments section explaining the failure.