OIS static testing

Juicebox
Has anyone else noticed having to do the static test on ois cars more often lately? I had to do it on an 06 altima yesterday, which wasn't the easiest thing with the fly by wire throttle system and an 01 camry this morning. I've never had to do this on either of these cars before. I always do them on the normal silverados, civics, bmw, etc... Just wondering if this is a "thing" or just random coincidence.

Re: OIS static testing

Smokey-cheken
I just did a couple of static testing on a corolla and a camry. Also seems like Ford trucks get them.

Re: OIS static testing

smog frogposter
GM products especially silverados get the dynamic portion of the test more often than others, occasionally you will get that one vehicle where the RPM drops to zero or a -1 and you're stuck at that phase forcing you to abort and seek the referee.

Re: OIS static testing

I think it's going to become a more and more increasing occurrence as time goes on that we run that Dynamic test.

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020, 9:16 AM Juicebox [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has anyone else noticed having to do the static test on ois cars more often lately? I had to do it on an 06 altima yesterday, which wasn't the easiest thing with the fly by wire throttle system and an 01 camry this morning. I've never had to do this on either of these cars before. I always do them on the normal silverados, civics, bmw, etc... Just wondering if this is a "thing" or just random coincidence.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/OIS-static-testing-tp5078948.html

Re: OIS static testing

Big Brother is watching you ...

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: OIS static testing

smog frogposter wrote
GM products especially silverados get the dynamic portion of the test more often than others, occasionally you will get that one vehicle where the RPM drops to zero or a -1 and you're stuck at that phase forcing you to abort and seek the referee.
I only get the RPM loss on my DREW DAD. I close the OIS window and then "resume" the test and it has always worked for me. I've never had it happen on the APPLUS DAD.