Obesity evap testing

Troll
How does a morbidly obese smog tech (weight wise), perform evap testing lets say on a 90's jeep with the pinch line under vehicle, or the lumina types, or even Previa timing checks?
Does bar let them off the hook due their "disability")?
Apolgies to anyone in that category and they are offended.
My sick mind is just curious.
I'm 15 #s over norm

Re: Obesity evap testing

SMOG 1
LMAO I believe they let them off the hook for a little bit then here comes a uc with a canister missing. I crouch my a** under there and perform the test so to everyone if you can see it with one knee on the ground test it cause i will and if you test it after and put NA guess what EVAP not performed on ur record

Re: Obesity evap testing

just another shop owner
 Oh you bring up a subject I just love.

 Tire pressure is a violation of the handicap law. My knees will not take 120 ups and downs a day. 30 cars times 4 tires. You do the math.

 We were never required to have a floor jack and jack stands. If we did how big? big Enough to support a 20,000 gvw motor home?
So how does a big guy like me get under a Ford van with floor boards?
Because of my size no way do I fit. Ding for me.

 First off the rule always was if you had to crawl on the ground or put it on a rack you did not test it.
Do you think the SOB who charge more for a evap test would get on the ground if they could not charge more for a evap test. Hell no.

 That is the whole problem with the 90% rule. We are all different sizes and shapes. Sheri want to lump us all into 90%. Bull I walk into a mall and I'm taller than 90% of the people.
Sheri's 90% thing did not take into account what makes this country great. We are all different we are not all 90 fuc%ing percent.

Re: Obesity evap testing

reactor
Fit for the job?

Re: Obesity evap testing

The guy that tried to replace me at Smog Hog after I left caused me to think about that.  This gentleman was about 5'10", 400+ lbs.  Forget about him seeing the canisters and cats ... this guy hadn't seen his winky in years!  I have serious doubts that he could even get into the driver's seat of a significant percentage of vehicles that he would be expected to test.

He actually reminded me of those David Lee Roth videos from the 80s ... "Excuse me, sir, but aren't there certain places that you can't quite reach with a washcloth?"

How he managed is a mystery to me, but I'm sure that he would have sued for discrimination or wrongful termination if the matter of his advanced size had caused him any trouble with the BAR or his employer.

Taking that further ... what about poor eyesight, poor hearing, arthritis, documented knee and hip problems, etc?  These are all handicaps, and could interfere with a tech's job.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: Obesity evap testing

just another shop owner
 No, but I have never had a easier job.

No because I am an old man. 60 car days were killing me.
I'm over weight not fat. I can still keep up with the young studs, I just work smarter.

Re: Obesity evap testing

just another shop owner
 Barry that's what mirrors are for. To see if the winky is still where it should be.

 All those joint pains, that's me every morning.

Re: Obesity evap testing

Jones
Any good mirror for smog you guys can recommend will be helpfull. Appreciated.
TimeOut

Re: Obesity evap testing

kilativ
Bought this one from eBay for $12. Good telescopic handle. Does its job.

Re: Obesity evap testing

The obese tech should hire a helper to do the tasks he can't do or not smog the cars he has no access to.