OnLine 12hr Repair Tech Training

SeanLoch
I was asked to share this from another Smog Tech page. I received the ET Blast this morning concerning Covid and extending smog license expire dates. I am a certified training instructor and will be offering a 12 HR online course through butte college Aug 22-23 and again in November. This is the easiest link to sign up for the training https://butte.augusoft.net/index.cfm?fuseaction=1010 . I have about ten "seats" left in this class. If anyone wants to avoid having to hassle with BAR about extending your license please sign up, again this is a 12hr online class for repair license renewal (UT-059). Hope this helps anyone out with a license about to expire, Sean

Re: OnLine 12hr Repair Tech Training

His_Stigness
Will it be a virtual class where you're lecturing the whole time, or will you just have to complete a certain amount of work during those two days?

Re: OnLine 12hr Repair Tech Training

SeanLoch
So here's how it works. I host the class portion on Zoom and the test on a secure website (only way i could get BAR to approve it). Day1- Everyone logs into Zoom meeting Saturday (8-4, i have a break down of the timing if anyone needs it). Lecture and power point follow the book, and a homework assignment will be given Saturday also. I am adding videos to the power point to keep it somewhat entertaining. Day2- Zoom from 9-10:30, go over homework, questions and comments, I unlock the test on the secure website and we're done. The test on the secure website is multiple choice, timed (2.5hr), and can be taken again if you don't pass the first time after arrangements are made with me.

Re: OnLine 12hr Repair Tech Training

Lose weight
I like your pricing & will be signing up for Nov class.
Exercise and dividends,dividends, DIVIDENDS.

Re: OnLine 12hr Repair Tech Training

smoggee
What does the course cover?
Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence

Re: OnLine 12hr Repair Tech Training

scanner
smoggee wrote
What does the course cover?
This 12 hour online course covers the following topics: Ohm's Law, circuit identification, circuit function, circuit diagnosis, fault classification, and tools. This course covers the required training to keep your smog technician repair license current and valid when combined with the 4 hour BAR online training.