One day permit is useless for smog

planters
when car fails for readiness it usually days if not weeks of driving to get those stupid monitors ready.
the DMV should know that and provide sufficient time, at least two weeks.

99% of the time it takes way more than one day.

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

Able
Especially if it needs the 15 warm ups and 200 miles since cleared.

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

defective
Leave date blank, fill it in right when you get pulled over.  Done.  Day permits dont have to be taped to the window either.  DMV started charging for those 30 passes because people were abusing it.

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

I always leave the date blank, and so does DMV.  If the fees are paid and you got the failed VIR, they'll usually let you go, unless... oh shit, that is not mine.
If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

Best Answer I Can Give
 This DMV gives out 2 or three.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

Every time we see a customer with them, they usually have enough for a week of driving, it's just the customer waste alot of them driving on themĀ

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 3:23 PM planters [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
when car fails for readiness it usually days if not weeks of driving to get those stupid monitors ready.
the DMV should know that and provide sufficient time, at least two weeks.

99% of the time it takes way more than one day.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/One-day-permit-is-useless-for-smog-tp5077467.html

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

A moving permit is Valid for 60-days from date of Issue from the DMV.
DMV date stamps the issue date.
The moving date is left BLANK.
It depends on the law enforcement person who pulls you
over for Expired Registration as what ticket
they right.
The ticket could go from a verbal warning to towing
and impound.
"The Driver Sets The Tone For The Ticket".

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

defective

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

dcf1ver

D Rochells 150861 wrote
There needs to be a special monitor moving permit, big yellow thing with a warning that the car will be driving in a retarded pattern designed by an engineer who lives somewhere where there is apparently only one vehicle on the road in the whole country.
The drive cycles were always ment to be done on a dyno.

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

dcf1ver
planters wrote
99% of the time it takes way more than one day.
I disagree. Id say it is the opposite. 99% of the time it takes less than a day....

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

dcf1ver
Able wrote
Especially if it needs the 15 warm ups and 200 miles since cleared.
Which monitors need this?

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

 Again it is back to, They don't know what we do.
The makers have told the DMV that it takes @ 20 min. to set monitors. Why do they need more than 1.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

dcf1ver wrote
Able wrote
Especially if it needs the 15 warm ups and 200 miles since cleared.
Which monitors need this?
ITS FOR 2010 AND NEWER CARS that fail to delete PDTCs

Re: One day permit is useless for smog

dcf1ver
No One wrote
dcf1ver wrote
Able wrote
Especially if it needs the 15 warm ups and 200 miles since cleared.
Which monitors need this?
ITS FOR 2010 AND NEWER CARS that fail to delete PDTCs
Ah right,for the abnormalities.

Id say this falls in the 1% category.