Only four

Karupt
 Okay so for all of you at signed up for the pilot program, ferget about it . They already chose four stations in all of Cali, and they have commenced their testing. One shop here in southern Cali.

Re: Only four

Troll
And where have you heard this??

Re: Only four

kfworry
I want to see DAD OIS Crash And Burn!!

Re: Only four

OceanViewTch
my understanding is they will chose 10 stations to do the initial beta testing ALL in the Sacramento area...after that they will choose more widespread area

Re: Only four

  I want to see it when it acquires a virus and no one can work with it .

Re: Only four

Each manufacture is required to start there beta testing in the Sacremento area, once they have done 1500 inspections they can start opening up testing to other areas to complete there required number of inspections to get final approval.

Re: Only four

i heard OIS is gonna start around Apirl..

Re: Only four

Applus Smog DADdy
I can verify 007's comment.  Any of the four original vendors that submitted devices can proceed to an initial phase of Beta testing (10 shops doing 1500 tests) in November AFTER they pass BAR's Alpha testing.  I have heard that some vendors are promising shops they can participate in BETA even though only BAR can approve BETA shops.  So don't make any commitments to purchase a DAD just because a vendor tells you you can be a BETA shop.  Applus will be offering some great incentives shortly for some of the best equipment in the industry.  Any interested shops would be wise to wait until they see what's out there.

Re: Only four

Mark
ATBWW

Anything But World Wide.

Re: Only four

A+ Smog DADdy
007 is correct. We are one of the vendors whose DAD device is being evaluated by BAR. We’re told that by 11/7, we need to put our DAD (Smog DADdy) into 10 volunteer shops in Sacramento and run 1,500 live smog checks on 1996 and newer vehicles. After that, 40 more shops statewide, for an additional 18,500 tests.