Opus property tax

No One
I got a notice from opus saying I owe them $$ because they paid the property tax on the machine im renting from them. Says I agreed to this, but don't remember the rep disclosing this to me. Anyone else get this in the mail? Ive asked other ppl I know that are renting they say they haven't gotten anything.

Re: Opus property tax

BasicTech678
for the gen 3?

Re: Opus property tax

No One
BasicTech678 wrote
for the gen 3?
im guessing yes or for both the gen 3 and the dad. Ive never gotten this before and the people im asking are saying they didn't receive anything.

notice says

"Opus smog machine 2019 personal property tax invoice. Paymnet is required by the 'user' of the equipment per our rental agreement. This amount has been paid to the Los Angeles county by Opus and is now payable to opus from equipment 'User'."

The there is this

"Dear valued customer, the attached invoice reflects personal property tax billed which Opus Inspection has paid to your county for rental equipment at your facility to date. Per our agreement you are responsible for said tax per clause 11 of our agreement."

No one else in my county that does smog that I know and is renting from opus has ever gotten(yet) this notice. Im the only one that I know of so far and im wondering if any of you on  this forum that are renting from opus have too?

Did you look at clause 11 of your agreement?

Did you look at clause 11 of your agreement?
I'm Looking for that paper but cant find it. I doubt i'm the only one to get fucked with that unless everyone here that is renting the machine got themselves out of it.

Re: Opus property tax

kfworry
I paid CASH for my ESP/OPUS Gen 3.
I Pay Solano County "Unsecured Property Tax" once a year
on the Gen 3, among other "Unsecured Property" I.E.: equipment.

I would read the "fine print" on your Rental Agreement

Re: Opus property tax

I never herd of this, you may want to have the contract reviewed by a lawyer

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 2:14 PM No One [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I got a notice from opus saying I owe them $$ because they paid the property tax on the machine im renting from them. Says I agreed to this, but don't remember the rep disclosing this to me. Anyone else get this in the mail? Ive asked other ppl I know that are renting they say they haven't gotten anything.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Opus-property-tax-tp5077943.html

Kevin Casillas

Same here but Placer County.

Re: Opus property tax

yalo
I got one today. LA county, Inglewood. I'm not in rush to pay it.

Re: Opus property tax

No One
yalo wrote
I got one today. LA county, Inglewood. I'm not in rush to pay it.
Are you also renting and how much is the tax? Mine is $204.

Re: Opus property tax

BasicTech678
No One wrote
yalo wrote
I got one today. LA county, Inglewood. I'm not in rush to pay it.
Are you also renting and how much is the tax? Mine is $204.
hmm maybe mines in the mail then, but mine was a purchase through ww

Re: Opus property tax

Best Answer I Can Give
 Two thing for sure in life. Death and Taxes.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Opus property tax

Troll
Very standard in equipment leases- (not that Im giving any tax advice). pay up

Re: Opus property tax

ajs350
I got one and paid it.  Lucky you rented and didn't buy.  I was told by our Opus tech that shops who bought Gen 3's don't get their dynos covered under warranty.  A dyno board fail costs $thousands.

Re: Opus property tax

No One
ajs350 wrote
I got one and paid it.  Lucky you rented and didn't buy.  I was told by our Opus tech that shops who bought Gen 3's don't get their dynos covered under warranty.  A dyno board fail costs $thousands.
The fact that they covered the dyno is the only reason I went them over WW.

Re: Opus property tax

ajs350 wrote
I got one and paid it.  Lucky you rented and didn't buy.  I was told by our Opus tech that shops who bought Gen 3's don't get their dynos covered under warranty.  A dyno board fail costs $thousands.
Nothing is covered on my now. The whole thing was only covered for one year but it did include the dyno and boards for that one year.

Re: Opus property tax

ajs350 wrote
I got one and paid it.  Lucky you rented and didn't buy.  I was told by our Opus tech that shops who bought Gen 3's don't get their dynos covered under warranty.  A dyno board fail costs $thousands.
Nothing is covered on my now. The whole thing was only covered for one year but it did include the dyno and boards for that one year.
thats why i went WW it comes with 5 year included