Order of Abatement Section 44050

Citation Addict
Some of you were asking me this on my citation.

Bar is now serving Order of Abatement on citations.

Look up Health and Safety Code 44050 section C (3) at the bottom of the page. How the hell am I suppose to pay for the fines and pay for classes if I cannot work?

Little bit stiff for a first time offense.

Re: Order of Abatement Section 44050

FiendFX
The guy next door to me had a citation and he still worked on cars. I'm assuming you can't smog vehicles, but if you do repairs, BAR wouldn't know about it. But it's up to you.

Re: Order of Abatement Section 44050

GrossPolluter
When do the abatements actually come into effect after you receive the citation? And how long do they last?

I continued working a few weeks until the year ended after receiving the citation, I had paid the fines and attended the 28 hour citation class. I had to leave the station because they turned STAR, owner appealed the citation but the outcome wasn't good.

I couldn't find any work so I was collecting unemployment until my old employer called me back to work for them. I was currently do inspections at a Non-Star station in late June, early Sept till I removed my name from their analyzer.

Re: Order of Abatement Section 44050

so BAR is now serving up ORder of Abatements ? what the heck ? this makes me so angry . It seems very porposefully they are trying to throw out techs from star stations period . and Then where do you get a job ? at non star , untill your FPR falls to under .40 and you can't get hired at any star station ? either they are pushing us toward test and repair or trying to just recall our whole tech training and licence .

Re: Order of Abatement Section 44050

Citation Addict
Here is something to get around this Order that I was told by both a defense attorney and BAR. If you file the appeal, it delays the abatement order, it can take between 6 months to a year. During that delay I am taking the courses and paying the fines. Upon completion of the courses and paying the fine. I submitt a order of withdraw from the appeal.

The appeal still allows me to work and take the classes as BAR orders. I have no plans of contesting a missing Catalytic Converter unless I find something in the discovery evidence.

Re: Order of Abatement Section 44050

Citation Addict
Keep this in mind to Kar, this is a first time offense with a clean slate. Imagine what a second or third violation would do. I hate to think about it. Its not about the principle of air quality anymore, its about money. I want to shut my doors and get out of dodge like the smart people are doing. California is no longer a workforce friendly place for licensees.

We need better options that is fair to the licensee in the event of screw up. We either go back to training or pay a fine to satisfy a citation. Not both. Think about what to do in the event of a speeding ticket and the like....you go to traffic school to satisfy the requirment or pay the fine and end up with a record.