PASS OR FAIL

Re: PASS OR FAIL

kfworry
It appears to me the Ford Engine is installed in reverse, number 4-cylinder, is where we would normally see number 5-cylinder. Hence the PCV being what appears to be on the wrong side.

Re: PASS OR FAIL

justa
Banned User

Re: PASS OR FAIL

justa
Banned User

Re: PASS OR FAIL

Johnny,

It's a 2 PCV system.. I'm sure you are familiar with Dodge Vans.. And NO, it doesn't match with the vacuum diagram.

Re: PASS OR FAIL

John Wallauch ex Bar wrote
just another shop owner wrote
Sure as hell not trying to get in a pissing match.
Lol justa don't know squat how a pcv system works lol. It does not bring fresh air from one side of the engine to the other wow this guy hahaha
   JOhn W. I am sure you know so much about a pcv that is why you were fired from the BAR and no one knows your whereabouts. I suggest you take your early retirement funds and scaddoodle off our forum .

Re: PASS OR FAIL

No Friendx

It is a type 4 which is the combination of a type 1 with valve and a type 3 with a hose to valve cover. The only question is whether it is appropriate.

Re: PASS OR FAIL

The diagram shows a nice picture of the direction of flow AT IDLE. When the vehicle is under load and manifold vacuum is low the flow at the valve cover to air filter is the other direction toward the air cleaner. This is why it is not legal to put an open breather cap on the valve cover.

Re: PASS OR FAIL

Re: PASS OR FAIL

justa
Banned User

Re: PASS OR FAIL

Re: PASS OR FAIL

D wrote
A little more complicated, but I think they put things where they go for a reason and that thing should fail for modified.

Since there probably was clearance problem on the other valve cover in the original location, would you consider placing the PCV valve in an alternate location in the original valve cover?

Is there any modification you would allow?

Re: PASS OR FAIL

John Wallauch ex Bar
Banned User

Re: PASS OR FAIL

Re: PASS OR FAIL

BlueSky
Karupt..Rouge..outta control! Aren't you bluesky on this forum too why are you hiding like me when I was at bar? And why did you post that post got my Wang sucked if you're a girl?

I'm BlueSky and I'm not using any other alias on this site.

Re: PASS OR FAIL

scanner,

There was no clearance issue... They changed the valve cover on the other side. It's now on the driver's side vacuum cover with a long ass hose routed to the passenger side.

Re: PASS OR FAIL

scanner
FiendFX wrote
scanner,

There was no clearance issue... They changed the valve cover on the other side. It's now on the driver's side vacuum cover with a long ass hose routed to the passenger side.
That what I get when I assume things.  I see a "power take off" that barely clears the PCV valve, and I'm thinking some one had to get creative to make room for the engine and the emission control devices.

It turns out it was just some lazy A$$ that put the covers on the wrong side and decided to move the hoses instead of installing the valve covers on the correct head.

I changed my mind.  It's a fail, it doesn't go to the referee, unless he wants to dispute your smog check.   I'd tell him to put the parts back in the proper place if he wants me to pass the visual inspection.

Re: PASS OR FAIL

none
It is a Dodge 5.2L or 5.9L and it seems the valve cover is on the right side but the oil filler extension must not fit with the PTO drive I'm guessing. Normally the PCV valve is where the breather is and the breather goes on the passenger's side rear of the valve cover with a plastic black 90 deg. fitting doesn't it? I figured the oil fill has been moved to that side since it is a van.

Re: PASS OR FAIL

Re: PASS OR FAIL

none is correct.. I've never seen a vehicle with both PCV on the same valve cover. Plus, the vacuum diagram shows each PCV is on per valve cover. That's my proof.
12