PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

StarTech
This post was updated on .
I’ve had a customer come to me  with a 2007 Mustang GT Shelby. The Shelby emission control label shows that it has an EGR when it does not. ECU doesn’t even support an EGR as a monitor (NA)  on top of that, they come with a ford racing intake filter from the factory which does not require a carb number. This is how they come stock.

Techs are failing the mustangs for missing EGR and not having a carb number for the intake improperly.

https://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z12072/shelby-mustang-gt.aspx

Al

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

Al
So you are saying we should disregard the emissions label and contradict the smog manual on testing procedures?
or was this a UC and a bit of sarcasm?

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

Voltron
theres a tsb for the label.  Tell him to go to ford and get a new one.  He can also get a carb sticker for the intake to prevent further dummies from failing it

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

whats the part number on that?

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

Voltron wrote
yea like the chevys with no egr that look modified because they have a plate covering it. having a hard time looking up the intake on fords website

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

StarTech
Yes that’s what I’m saying.  No it’s not an UC.  If it was an UC it would be missing an EGR with a block off plate or something of that regard.

Here is an article on it as well:
https://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z12072/shelby-mustang-gt.aspx

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

StarTech wrote
I’ve had a customer come to me  with a 2007 Mustang GT Shelby. The Shelby emission control label shows that it has an EGR when it does not. ECU doesn’t even support an EGR as a monitor (NA)  on top of that, they come with a ford racing intake filter from the factory which does not require a carb number. This is how they come stock.

Techs are failing the mustangs for missing EGR and not having a carb number for the intake improperly.

found it air intake is made by steeda, it must have the stock intake tube, if the tube was changed it would be a fail, eo only covers filter and housing.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-2005-2009-mustang-cold-air-intake-555-3120.html

EO# D-598-3

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

STAR is Racist
I've seen a few of those and I won't pass them unless they get the correct emission sticker.

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

StarTech
Do you pass factory superchargers without a carb number? What difference would this be  if it was a factory equipped car?

This is the exact reason I posted this. People fucking other other techs FPR for not taking the time to do proper research.

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

BasicTech678
StarTech wrote
Do you pass factory superchargers without a carb number? What difference would this be  if it was a factory equipped car?

This is the exact reason I posted this. People fucking other other techs FPR for not taking the time to do proper research.
superchargers are listed on emission labels, air intakes are not, makes a huge difference.

just because parts have maker emblems on it means its automatically approved , bmw sells dinan intakes, tuners ect, in the dealership that are not CA approved

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

Anon A Mouse
That's a tough one. You can see another emissions label under the Shelby label. I would probaby reject it. I don't care what conceptcarz.com says, only what I can document from official sources to the BAR. The EO that BasicTech found helps, but the label still says "EGR"

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

StarTech
The label underneath is for a regular 4.6L mustang  not the Shelby edition.

And yes SC are listed on labels, but intakes are not. You don’t see a TAC listed on a 90 Chevy 1500 , but you know it’s there.

And yes SC are listed on labels, but intakes are not. You don’t see a TAC listed on a 90 Chevy 1500 , but you know it’s there.
no shit Sherlock you dont see pcv, evap, on the label but still check to make sure they are not missing or modified right? same shit, and open air box like that will  have an EO even from the dealer if its approved.

 not quite, i learned from my dealings with one of these many years ago.  They dont come with the carb sticker unless requested, back and forth with ford and shelby for a few days.  Chevy also had a tahoe many years ago that also came with an intake that never had a carb sticker but was factory

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

Without the correct emissions label technically we're supposed to be failing it though it is correct there aren't supposed to have an EGR if they are legitimate Shelby with the Shelby intake and other modifications associated with illegitimate Shelby car

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

kfworry
No Where in the regulations does it say FAIL for missing Emissions Control Label.

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

kfworry
Whether the label is wrong/correct or missing.

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

kfworry
Yes, the "3-Valve 4.6 liter engine does not have EGR

OE products don’t have EO stickers. They may be available when they passed CARB requirements but they don’t put EO stickers on cars.  If you fail it, how would you feel that your limited edition car that’s in imaculate condition gets a failed record in its car fax history?

Re: PSA: Stop failing Mustang Shelby GT for no EGR and Aftermarket intake!

StarTech
Where did you hear that we have to fail for missing veci label? First I heard it.. if that was true we wouldn’t need emission control reference books...
12