PUNISHMENT

Dave
If a technician has an off day and receives a citation for passing an undercover car that technician must be fired and is not eligible for rehire for one year, AND the shop will also be punished for hiring the technician that made a mistake by losing half or more of its business for 6 months. In who’s mind does this insanity help improve the smog check program?

Re: PUNISHMENT

Best Answer I Can Give
 I think you better check what you think happens.
The Tech does not lose his STAR. the shop does. And that is down to @ two weeks.
Some others will add to this.

 The real question is, What happens to a BAR Rep. when they have a OFF DAY? Why must we play by the rules while those making the rule don't? The New ASM machine is a perfect example. Wheres the SELF?

Re: PUNISHMENT

Dave
the rule is a star station cannot keep their star designation if they have a technician that has had a citation within one year therefore the tech is out of a job for one year at any star station and here in orange county 2/3s shops are star shops

STAR PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS

"The station must not have been issued any Smog Check citation pursuant to section 44050 of the Health and Safety Code within the preceding one- year period, nor employ inspectors who have been issued any citations pursuant to section 44050 of the Health and Safety Code within the preceding one-year period"
"

Re: PUNISHMENT

Best Answer I Can Give
 Again what happens and what should happen two different things.

 Several on this site have been thru this already.
Just getting what I am hearing by talking to others and reading what is here.

Re: PUNISHMENT

Dave wrote
If a technician has an off day
Sorry bud but we are not allowed an "off" day, and with a stain on your smog license you'll be lucky to be hired at another shop as most don't hire techs who have had citations before even after the 1 year thing.
Bunch of plumpy hens stop overeating!

Re: PUNISHMENT

Dave wrote
If a technician has an off day and receives a citation for passing an undercover car that technician must be fired and is not eligible for rehire for one year, AND the shop will also be punished for hiring the technician that made a mistake by losing half or more of its business for 6 months. In who’s mind does this insanity help improve the smog check program?
appeal and find a non star station to work at, your looking for validation in a forum that has no control over the situation. we can all agree with you but at the end of the day it is what it is.

Re: PUNISHMENT

 The real question is, What happens to a BAR Rep. when they have a OFF DAY? Why must we play by the rules while those making the rule don't? The New ASM machine is a perfect example. Wheres the SELF?
who cares they look after us, we are under review dont like it dont be a technician. your always trying to point fingers at someone else. we were not forced into this type of employment get over it.

Re: PUNISHMENT

Once you have a mark on your license a lot of shops often terminate but what you need to do is just find a shop that  is not star,  What I suggest is possibly going in and going to a test and repair that is not a star certified station and just doing auto repair for a while

Re: PUNISHMENT

Re: PUNISHMENT

Dave wrote
If a technician has an off day and receives a citation for passing an undercover car that technician must be fired and is not eligible for rehire for one year, AND the shop will also be punished for hiring the technician that made a mistake by losing half or more of its business for 6 months. In who’s mind does this insanity help improve the smog check program?
Same show on a different channel. http://members.iatn.net/forums/read/msg.aspx?f=forum17&m=63613&fv=0&ar=0
lol lets just all agree to make him feel better.

Re: PUNISHMENT

Dave
No one is blaming anyone else
but to decide to work in this business and go through extensive training and trying to do right only to lose your job after only one mistake   this was NOT a deliberate breaking of the law
what the complaint is the excessive punishment
that cannot be "gotten over"

Re: PUNISHMENT

Dave
you really think laughing about losing job your is funny?

Re: PUNISHMENT

Re: PUNISHMENT

Dave
yes the shop can keep the tech on BUT will lose it's star rating which can be economically devastating

STAR PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
 The station must not have been issued any Smog Check citation pursuant to section 44050 of the Health and Safety Code within the preceding one- year period, nor employ inspectors who have been issued any citations pursuant to section 44050 of the Health and Safety Code within the preceding one-year period

Re: PUNISHMENT

BasicTech678
Dave wrote
yes the shop can keep the tech on BUT will lose it's star rating which can be economically devastating

STAR PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
 The station must not have been issued any Smog Check citation pursuant to section 44050 of the Health and Safety Code within the preceding one- year period, nor employ inspectors who have been issued any citations pursuant to section 44050 of the Health and Safety Code within the preceding one-year period
you keep repeating what we and everyone else already knows, i dont think its funny. but i do find it hilarious your serching for validation here and on iatn. like i said im sure we all agree with you the punishment is complete bull shit 100%. looks like you need to find another shop and rely on your repair skills till your score bounces back. better yet find a shop not star certified and help them become star certified. bring up their reputation and your worth.

like other guys said search the site plenty of people have posted about citations. us or iatn agreeing with you WONT CHANGE SHIT.

Re: PUNISHMENT

Re: PUNISHMENT

Dave wrote
yes the shop can keep the tech on BUT will lose it's star rating which can be economically devastating

STAR PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
 The station must not have been issued any Smog Check citation pursuant to section 44050 of the Health and Safety Code within the preceding one- year period, nor employ inspectors who have been issued any citations pursuant to section 44050 of the Health and Safety Code within the preceding one-year period
You keep printing the same paragraph over and over. It says on iATN that you ARE the owner. Do some research. My station is still star after a 60 day suspension and I did NOT fire my tech.
lol so he is an owner tech???? he cares about himself he could at least of told us ;

"hey heads up this is what happened to me i was sent this year make and model of vehicle. smh

Re: PUNISHMENT

Best Answer I Can Give
 Dave is not the one who got hit.
Dave is a good man. His guy got hit. Dave along with a bunch of us think it is PURE BS to even think about losing one's STAR because you have a off day.

 Dave cares about those who work for him A GOOD GUY to work for.

Re: PUNISHMENT

You keep printing the same paragraph over and over. It says on iATN that you ARE the owner. Do some research. My station is still star after a 60 day suspension and I did NOT fire my tech.
I think he has a problem with this sentence.

 nor employ inspectors who have been issued any citations pursuant to section 44050 of the Health and Safety Code within the preceding one-year period

I think if he takes his employee out of the machine, and not fire him, that should be good enough.  The tech can be employed with a different job tittle.   When did BAR ever track anyone's employment status other than what is in the machine anyway?

I know of other members of the iATN that recently have had their STAR revoked and reinstated within 60 to 90 days.  I don't know about the status of the techs though.  They were taken out of the machines and not fired.

Re: PUNISHMENT

Dave is not the one who got hit.
Dave is a good man. His guy got hit. Dave along with a bunch of us think it is PURE BS to even think about losing one's STAR because you have a off day.

 Dave cares about those who work for him A GOOD GUY to work for.
we dont no that yet he hasnt specified if hes the owner and a tech or just an owner that actually cares about  his tech. if hes T&R just move em to repair only if hes test only pull some string owners talk to other owners not everyone cares about star especially bigger T&R shops who only use OIS. we need alot more info over his crying hes been posting
123