Passing the torch

Has it been almost eight years since I joined?  Yikes, time flies when you're having so much fun!  But ... all good things must come to an end ...

I am convinced that I need to find myself a new direction for the remainder of my working career, and every journey starts with the first purposeful step.  It has been brought to my attention that my continuing presence here basically amounts to excess baggage, so I'm lightening the load and stepping away, leaving you kind people in the capable hands of a new moderator, hand-picked by yours truly.

By lightening the load, I mean that I have manually redacted most of my angriest, rudest and most sarcastic posts from the last eight years, but have carefully left in the ones that I feel are useful to others from a purely factual point of view.  Of course, it's virtually impossible to do this with surgical precision, but I hope that what remains is satisfactory for all involved parties.

It has been a pleasure hanging out with you fantastic ladies and gentlemen, but I will no longer be publicly or privately involved in this forum.  I salute you all, and wish you all the very best.  My destination is still over the horizon, but I have been able to finally convince myself that my strongest chance to eventually get there is bid you all a fond farewell.

All posts from this account from this moment forward will come from the new moderator, since I will be handing him the keys to the account and encouraging him to change the locks.  I thank him and wish him and the rest of you all the best, and I can only hope that the feelings are mutual.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: Passing the torch

BasicTech678
Scanner scanner

Re: Passing the torch

BasicTech678
BasicTech678 wrote
Scanner scanner
Thank you for your service sir! You were never biased in your handling of this site.

Re: Passing the torch

Moderator wrote
Has it been almost eight years since I joined?  Yikes, time flies when you're having so much fun!  But ... all good things must come to an end ...
Thank you Michael for all the work you've done.  Good luck in your future endeavors.

Take care,

Re: Passing the torch

Thank you for your hard work and putting up with us over the years. While I don't read all the posts on here I always read yours. They were worth the read.

And remember the answer is 42.

TOM

Re: Passing the torch

Ser Dan
Goodnight sweet prince.
Wish you all the best.

Re: Passing the torch

thank you for your contributions to our industry an whatever you're moving into for your future whether it's leaving the industry or just pursuing it more quietly I wish you the best of luck.

Kevin

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020, 8:59 PM barrym95838 [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

It has been a pleasure hanging out with you fantastic ladies and gentlemen, but will no longer be publicly or privately involved in this forum.  I salute you all, and wish you all the very best.  My destination is still over the horizon, but I have been able to finally convince myself that my best chance to eventually get there is bid you all a fond farewell.

All posts from this account from this moment forward will from the new moderator, since I will be handing him the keys to the account and encouraging him to change the locks.  I thank him and wish him and the rest of you all the best, and I can only hope that the feelings are mutual.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Passing-the-torch-tp5080132.html

Re: Passing the torch

manboobs
take care out there

Re: Passing the torch

WealdstoneRaider
Did D leave the industry too since he deleted his account?
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: Passing the torch

Barry, plz make a new account with a diff alias.

Re: Passing the torch

dcf1ver
Im guessing he move into a BAR gig,right? Wasnt he going for something like that?

I believe you cant be involved in these forums if you're doing that.

Thats probably what he ment when he said his "continuing presence here is excess baggage".....

Re: Passing the torch

scanner
dcf1ver wrote
Im guessing he move into a BAR gig,right?
I hope he got it too.  He's a common sense kinda guy.  He's like most of the BAR reps I know.  The kinda BAR rep you would want to represent the program.

I believe you cant be involved in these forums if you're doing that.
Probably not officially, but all the BAR reps I speak to know who I am, and follow this forum silently.  I'm sure he can do the same.

Re: Passing the torch

444O444
Thank you, Barry!

Re: Passing the torch

dcf1ver wrote
Im guessing he move into a BAR gig,right? Wasnt he going for something like that?

I believe you cant be involved in these forums if you're doing that.

Thats probably what he ment when he said his "continuing presence here is excess baggage".....
first rule of fight club,

dont talk about fight club

Re: Passing the torch

smoggee
I don't blame him; this place is like quicksand for the soul....  Some of you guys are awesome, but others only seem to show up to whine, put forth conspiracy theories, speak in a language that doesn't resemble english, or are just plain are so negative about life in general ... I can only take it in small doses.
Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence

Re: Passing the torch

BasicTech678
smoggee wrote
I don't blame him; this place is like quicksand for the soul....  Some of you guys are awesome, but others only seem to show up to whine, put forth conspiracy theories, speak in a language that doesn't resemble english, or are just plain are so negative about life in general ... I can only take it in small doses.
is speaking English a rule

Re: Passing the torch

smoggee wrote
Some of you guys are awesome, but others only seem to show up to whine, put forth conspiracy theories, speak in a language that doesn't resemble english, or are just plain are so negative about life in general ... I can only take it in small doses.
Are you talking about Besta?

Re: Passing the torch

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hey this whole WEB site is a FARCE. READ the name of the site. 99.9% of the crap on this site has NOTHING  to do with STOPPING THE STAR PROGRAM.
Those that have tried have gone NOWHERE!

Re: Passing the torch

Hey this whole WEB site is a FARCE. READ the name of the site. 99.9% of the crap on this site has NOTHING  to do with STOPPING THE STAR PROGRAM.
Those that have tried have gone NOWHERE!
Do you like being wrong all the time? Because every topic on here is stopping star related.

Re: Passing the torch

StarTech
Michael,

I hope you see this message.

I thought this day would never come. I am truly at a loss for words. Although I am so happy for you progressing your career, I cant help but feel such an immense deep amount of loss knowing you won't be around here any longer. Your wisdom, guidance, humor and overall grind has helped me so many times in the past 4 years.  A part of leaving must hurt you deep down as well, I have a feeling you will miss it... or maybe you just aren't sentimental like that - like I am.

You were one of the very few where when a topic arised I looked forward to seeing your reply and input. You had the balls to post your ID badge number , your name and your picture and I respected the hell out of that.

 You will be irreplaceable in here to me, I respected you like a brother, wherever you are going they will be so lucky to have you on their team.

Thank you for your service to the community, the state and to all of your fellow technicians.
If you would ever like to keep in touch outside of this forum, I'd like that very much.

Best wishes, Michael

-StarTech
123