Pcv

Evaponly818
2003 Ford F-150 5.4 can somebody get me pcv diagram. Had one come in looked crazy had extra 2 hoses coming from it. So looked like 3 total coming from the pcv area
Upset rn did not get a picture

Re: Pcv

none
Are the other two the coolant hoses that keep it from icing up in cold weather?

Re: Pcv

Obviously not an '03, but possibly similar ...

Re: Pcv

Evaponly818 wrote
2003 Ford F-150 5.4 can somebody get me pcv diagram. Had one come in looked crazy had extra 2 hoses coming from it. So looked like 3 total coming from the pcv area
Upset rn did not get a picture

This is for a 2000-2004 F150 5.4L

Re: Pcv

Evaponly818
Thanks guys,
first time seeing this none. Never knew about pcv being heated? mind blown right now Ahah
Yeah barry very similar
Where did you find this pic scanner? Looked identical
Customer will be back his boot for the pcv  Jose was cracked so he has a free retest waiting

Maybe not first time seeing it but first time paying attention.. fresh techs require training imo and sometimes shop owners do not provide it. Or some techs may go ahead and open their own shops from the start and slowly catch on to things

Re: Pcv

Evaponly818
Ignore the Jose* ahhahah

Re: Pcv

Evaponly818 wrote
Where did you find this pic scanner? Looked identical
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2004-Ford-F150-Expedition-5-4L-PCV-Hose-Connector-Tube-OEM-2L3Z-6C324-AA/201301474618

Re: Pcv

Evaponly818
My fault for rookie ass question but would this engine have another Pcv on the other valve cover ?

Re: Pcv

scanner
Evaponly818 wrote
My fault for rookie ass question but would this engine have another Pcv on the other valve cover ?
The other side would probably have a breather hose going to the air intake tube between the MAF and Throttle Body.  This is to allow air to flow into the crankcase to compensate for the crankcase gases displaced by the PCV valve.

Placing the breather after the MAF will take into account the amount of PCV entering the intake manifold.

Try looking at Short Term Fuel Trims and remove the oil filler cap while it's idling. Since you're introducing unmeasured air into the system, you should see an increase in STFT.

When tracking down a fuel trim problem, a visual inspection before breaking out the diagnostic tools could save you a lot of time.

Re: Pcv

none
I will also add that the PCV valve will only have vacuum at idle and low rpm. As engine speed increase and crankcase pressure increases the "breather side" of the PCV system will flow crankcase gasses from the crankcase to the intake.

Not all cars will have the vacuum side of the PCV and a PCV valve. Some will only have the crankcase vent that joins in somewhere above the throttle plate. Also many European cars use diaphragm type PCV.

Now for something really different look at the timed PCV on Harley Davidson engines.

Re: Pcv

Not all cars will have the vacuum side of the PCV and a PCV valve. Some will only have the crankcase vent that joins in somewhere above the throttle plate.
I believe that my old 3S-FE Camry was like that.

I have also seen two PCV valves and two PCV vent hoses on some V8 Nissans over the last few years.

Your not the only one. I was frustrated when first dealing with that too. Googled it and saw it was normal.

Re: Pcv

When I doubt come on here and ask one of us old guys,
Experience is a great teacher

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Pcv-tp5078121.html