Pending codes and FPR

mikesmobile

Do you screen for pending codes and if so whats your FPR
Do you not screen for pending codes, and what's your FPR?
Mike

Re: Pending codes and FPR

SmogAce
mikesmobile wrote
Do you screen for pending codes and if so whats your FPR
Do you not screen for pending codes, and what's your FPR?
No... I don't my score dropped from a .75 to .58

I guess this is something you recommend?

Re: Pending codes and FPR

Anon A Mouse
mikesmobile wrote
Do you screen for pending codes and if so whats your FPR
Do you not screen for pending codes, and what's your FPR?
My score is .77, it's been .74 or higher for two years. I stopped pre checking monitors two years ago, except on regular customer when I see a new battery or know we've seen it recently for repairs.

Re: Pending codes and FPR

SoCalSmogGuy
mikesmobile wrote
Do you screen for pending codes and if so whats your FPR
Do you not screen for pending codes, and what's your FPR?
I don't screen for anything. Test them as I get them. My FPR is 0.84 but I would not correlate that score to my procedure. The score is calculated in a BS manner.
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: Pending codes and FPR

Re: Pending codes and FPR

Samy
I called Bar to see if  pending code would effect my FPR and can I have the owner drive the vehicle more to see if we he gets  the light to come on. He said there is nothing wrong to have a pending code during smog and I can not reject a vehicle because there is a pending code. He also said pending code can be set for many different reasons and that does not mean the part is going to fail soon. Lol

Re: Pending codes and FPR

mikesmobile
Can't we reject any vehicle...
Mike

Re: Pending codes and FPR

dano
mikesmobile wrote
Can't we reject any vehicle...

Yes... no one has to do any vehicle they are not comfortable with for any reason.

Re: Pending codes and FPR

For dealer account I check 1st, for normal cars test as is, if it fails for not ready I do check to make sure there's no pending codes.
From fat to buff. Healthy diet and exercising is not expensive it takes will!

Re: Pending codes and FPR

Samy
I took a 1999 Lexus RX300 for smog test. Light was on solid and I was thinking for sure it's going to fail.
I Scanned VIN and LP numbers and got going with smog next thing I noticed the light is out so at the end of the test I did the check engine light test and it passed. The vehicle pass the test with a pending code P1354 Variable Intake runner problem.
This is a solid ding I'm Afraid.

Re: Pending codes and FPR

Samy wrote
 He said there is nothing wrong to have a pending code during smog and I can not reject a vehicle because there is a pending code. He also said pending code can be set for many different reasons and that does not mean the part is going to fail soon. Lol
Ha they won't do squat if a customer were to complain a shop doesn't want to test their car since no monetary transaction took place. Although they might send a UC for getting butthurt. Bring it!
From fat to buff. Healthy diet and exercising is not expensive it takes will!

Re: Pending codes and FPR

Samy wrote
He said there is nothing wrong to have a pending code during smog and I can not reject a vehicle because there is a pending code.
You should ask him if you can reject his advice based on race, gender, or sexual orientation with emphasis on the latter.
If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: Pending codes and FPR

Best Answer I Can Give
 We do them as presented. Pending, not complete. DON'T LOOK. DON'T CARE.
Score ranges .30 to .80.
Ee

Re: Pending codes and FPR

Ee
IMHO if you do alot of dealers (USED CAR LOTS, CRAIGLIST FLIPPERS ECT) they know how to game the system and clear the code with out fixing it, drive around set monitors, pending code because they never fixed it, some guys even tell you dont turn it off, light can come on if you do, shit like that. So it depends on your customers, if you are in a bussiness that deals with lots of dealers your FPR will go low, if its just regular non dealer customers your FPR will be ok. This is my opinion on pending codes and FPR. When a shop says I test as car is presented they probly deal with non dealers alot. Also dealers want you to "check it first" because they dont wanna pay if it fails.   I can also say I weeded out all dealers because of this and my FPR is in the 90's

Re: Pending codes and FPR

nanz1414
I think they do..    I used to work at a slower shop..  one or two small dealer.. then I went to work at a high volume shop and my score went down.. I think it's down to the high number of dealer I have now..  tryn to hurry up and smog before the mil comes on.. I went from .95 to .57  to now a .5 . I'm smogging the cars the way same I always have.. the only diff is the shop..

Re: Pending codes and FPR

Best Answer I Can Give
 Do they really care. BAR do they really care. STAR is old. Those that WERE fucking up are gone.
Let's lower the scores this time, make them worry. Raise it next time.
Star is how many years old? BAR has moved on.

Re: Pending codes and FPR

Do they really care. BAR do they really care....
NO, maybe not. BUT WE DO!

Re: Pending codes and FPR

Best Answer I Can Give
 Yes we do and that's what keeps us inline.

Re: Pending codes and FPR

I never precheck vehicles on their initial test. My max monitors % goes over the average sometimes but they dont kill your STAR cert for that so who cares.

Inspector Follow-up Pass Rate (FPR) Summary
Scores applicable as of: FPR
Jul 2018 0.93
Jan 2018 0.87
Jul 2017 0.87
Jan 2017 0.99
Jul 2016 0.99
Jan 2016 0.99
Jul 2015 0.99
Jan 2015 0.99
Jul 2014 0.99
Jan 2014 0.99
Jul 2013 0.99
Jan 2013 0.98
Jul 2012 0.83
Jan 2012 0.82
Jul 2011 0.92

Fuel Cap Not Performed 0.45% 0.57% 0.00%
Evap Not Performed 0.53% 0.66% 0.00%
Timing Not Performed 0.80% 1.00% 0.00%
OBDII Not Performed 0.21% 0.26% 0.00%
Max Readiness Monitors 5.05% N/A 3.55% ✗ N/A
ASM Restarts 5.10% 6.38% 0.95% ✗
Aborted Tests 2.22% 2.78% 0.00% ✗
Incorrect Gear Selection ✗ 2.00% *
Similar Vehicle Failure Rate 10.88% 5.44% 10.76% ✗