Pin Link to Evap Locator

SmogAce
Does this still exist.  Evap Locator
 I cannot seem to find it. If someone can shoot me a link or let me know what's up I'd appreciate it. TIA!!

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

Kevin
All I can say is be careful using it, I recently looked up a vehicle that said it didn't need testing and took a ding on my last score report card because of it when I talk to the bureau they told me that that program is no longer on the Web page at no longer supported as a viable information source

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018, 11:16 AM SmogAce [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does this still exist.  Evap Locator
 I cannot seem to find it. If someone can shoot me a link or let me know what's up I'd appreciate it. TIA!!

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Pin-Link-to-Evap-Locator-tp5067993.html

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

Anon A Mouse
What kind of car did you get dinged for?

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

SmogAce
Good advice!!
Thank you Kevin!!

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

Kevin
1995 g30 van

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

D Rochells 150861
Some of the G20's are NA, there is crap above the canister and nowhere to reach from below. Dwarf technicians might be able to squeeze themselves under enough to reach it somewhere.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

I'm 6'0" 228 lbs. and I pinch stuff from the bottom all the time, including ChevyVans with the canister above the passenger side frame rail.  I guess that means I'm part of the problem if I'm not part of the solution ...

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

D Rochells 150861
Come to the dark side, join team NA
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

dano
I'm with Barry on that one. If it's getable I get it.... S10's under the bed
whatever.

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

dano wrote
... S10's under the bed
whatever.
Let's not get too carried away now ...

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

dano
barrym95838 wrote
dano wrote
... S10's under the bed
whatever.
Let's not get too carried away now ...

Seriously... I am 3 pounds lighter though... LoL!!!

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

Best Answer I Can Give
 The best locator?
Write down those you get a ding for. Next time you KNOW to do them.

 Learn from your mistakes. It's just to bad you can't give the kids back as one of your MISTEAKS.

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

Upon further reflection I think you guys must have a natural pillow system built in that allows more comfortable underbody inspections. It's really painful for skinny techs for boney areas to rest on concrete.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

My protective layer of blubber also does a great job of insulating me from temperature extremes, especially cold.  Kinda like a killer whale ...

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

D Rochells 150861 wrote
Upon further reflection I think you guys must have a natural pillow system built in that allows more comfortable underbody inspections. It's really painful for skinny techs for boney areas to rest on concrete.
You cannot go wrong with https://www.matcotools.com/catalog/product/AE1167/MECHANICS-FOAM-FLOOR-MAT-5/ I've had mine for 3 years and still in great shape. I'm sure the truck guy sells them individually.

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

D Rochells 150861

We use these, here is our new tech hard at work, you can see he also uses it to show me CAT eo numbers as he does not speak yet. Still, his FPR is .99.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

Lose weight wrote
You cannot go wrong with https://www.matcotools.com/catalog/product/AE1167/MECHANICS-FOAM-FLOOR-MAT-5/ I've had mine for 3 years and still in great shape. I'm sure the truck guy sells them individually.
I like that. I am going to check that out. I have the kneeling pads that I use now.

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

I have a nice built-in pad on my right knee ... my doctor calls it "bursitis".

I have this creeper ... it's easier to clean and keep right-side up than a foam pad, and it's pretty durable.  Mine has a lot of miles on it and it's still in good shape even though it's on its second pillow and third set of casters.  I gotta watch out for static electricity while doing O2 sensors on dry days though ...

https://www.matcotools.com/catalog/product/MCO2B/ORANGE-PLASTIC-CREEPER/

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

Best Answer I Can Give
 The Bone. Type in the Bone Creeper. This fat boy could roll all the way under, front to back under a truck with one..
Just don't be on a hill. You will soon be at the bottom of the hill.

Re: Pin Link to Evap Locator

Four inch casters?  That's pretty awesome!  I might look into one when my Matco dies, but it looks like that could be a while, since mine's still going strong after almost 15 years.  BTW, I have seen anonymous brand lookalikes to mine that aren't worth a tiniest damn, and I'm sure there are Bone lookalikes floating around too that turn into dumpster filler under the slightest stress.