Pissed off mood tonight!!!!!!

just another shop owner
 Consumer just got back from the STAR GOLD SHIELD STATION. The cream.

 Looked it up, I did it two years ago. MY FPR takes a hit.

 1993 Ford Taurus 3.8 FAILS it for timing. $74 later it passed.

 Look at the EPA label (If I knew how I would put it up) Idle speed, mixture, and timing are nonadjustable.

 MY FUCKING FPR takes a hit.

 This guy is $74.00 richer.

 Oh yes the program is working. Working at who's expense

Re: Pissed off mood tonight!!!!!!

smogtech19
thats one of the problems with this program there no way of telling if the other tech is right he could be crazy for all we know or stupid

Re: Pissed off mood tonight!!!!!!

You have every right to be angry!!
I know from experience that 1992 and newer Fords say timing not adjustable.
Yet I have seen other techs checking and failing it on those Fords.

Re: Pissed off mood tonight!!!!!!

Re: Pissed off mood tonight!!!!!!

SMOG 1
Most of them are coil packs so non adjustable from the start Or due u guys have a special way to check coil packs?

Re: Pissed off mood tonight!!!!!!

Just another shop owner
 My wives question is did he do it to pad his score, and screw my FPR.
Time to start asking the owner to come back if it fails.

 Not only did he F  my FPR but he F my reputation and do you think the guy will ever go back to him?
Do you think the owner of the car will tell his friends good things about the both of us?

 ME don't think, me know he will bad mouth one or both of us, and tha STAR program as one.