Pretest Training

TheSmogDog
Hey guys,
So I'm hiring a brand new smog tech (my son) and I want him to get comfortable doing front wheel drive cars on the dyno. I want him to practice with one of my cars so he doesnt mess up a customers or something like that, only problem is the only fwd car I own is a 2003. Will doing a pretest on this affect my STAR score since it's newer than 1999?

Re: Pretest Training

Technician A
Since you are not issuing a certificate, you should be good. I like to use operator training instead of pretest for this situation.

Re: Pretest Training

TheSmogDog
Thanks ! totally forgot about the training feature. Thanks for the help

Re: Pretest Training

Technician A

Re: Pretest Training

Best Answer I Can Give
 Make sure you tell him about the cars that the Parking Brake comes off, when you put them in gear.

Re: Pretest Training

Tie that mother down is my advice, for what that's worth.  They rarely go berzerk, almost never, but when they do... they do.  Once you have the straps configured, it adds maybe 20 seconds to the test.
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: Pretest Training

Samy
Specially like an old front wheel drives like caddy.

Re: Pretest Training

tampered wrote
Tie that mother down is my advice, for what that's worth.  They rarely go berzerk, almost never, but when they do... they do.  Once you have the straps configured, it adds maybe 20 seconds to the test.
Ive had three incidents where the car came off the dyno. Once i forgot to put the blocks on in front of a Truck. I destroyed my big aux fan. Truck was ok though.

Re: Pretest Training

TheSmogDog
I definitely will! How do you guys handle those btw? I usually try to keep it pinned with my left but it's impossible to do with a manual

Re: Pretest Training

TheSmogDog
Yea I once had an old sketchy Nissan hop off.. safety first

Re: Pretest Training

TheSmogDog wrote
I definitely will! How do you guys handle those btw? I usually try to keep it pinned with my left but it's impossible to do with a manual
Cadillac with a manual transmission?