Price check on STAR directed vehicles.

Anon

Re: Price check on STAR directed vehicles.

Anon,

A trusted friend has advised me that it is against the law to discuss prices on an open forum, due to the implications of price fixing and/or collusion.

I understand your curiosity, but I would kindly advise you and everyone else here to refrain from replying to this post.

Sincerely,

barrym95838
EA144107

Re: Price check on STAR directed vehicles.

Anon
My apologies, thank you for informing me.

Re: Price check on STAR directed vehicles.

I understand your concerns Barry, and I will refrain from answering the direct question; but it is about time the automotive industry takes advantage and banneds together on pricing so no matter what the BAR or BS politicains do to the program we all can make money. The only way to stop them and there crazy changes like star is for everyone to charge $200.00 a smog and guess what the custimer will have to pay it because everyone is charging the same price. The state is trying to drive the prices down to 10.00 with the new OBD2 only testing and we have to fight back with what you refer to as price fixing. With that being said unfortunately the automotive field is not as smart as the Medical and Legal field. Attorneys and Doctors do not compete over pricing and that is why the make the big bucks (who said education doesn't pay) If the state could set a price fix on smog checks you can bet they would and I am sure they will try that next.

Re: Price check on STAR directed vehicles.

Accused
They have tried in the past to set fixed pricing agreements.  I have to say it would probably make our lives easier if they could do it a decent price.

However, to talk about what price I intend to charge for a STAR vehicle is NOT price fixing.  we can all talk as much as we want about what each of us plans to do on our own.  We can even talk openly about the desire to see prices go up.  We just can't sit around and AGREE to specific pricing.