Proper Training

Re: Proper Training

user7112
Can only speak based on my own experiences
with that being said
every shop i have worked at has had a pecking order and the new guy is never left unsupervised
same at my shop whenever i got a new tech i am always watching him until he proves he can work without supervision

Also
Good morning boys
lets do a good job today

Re: Proper Training

none
Didn't the BAR-84 program have something like that where the tech and the shop manager both had to sign off on the paper certificate? It didn't work then either.

Re: Proper Training

Best Answer I Can Give
 They still have a program like that.

 What happened was, A person would clean a vehicle. BUSTED. The owner would now CLAIM I DIDN'T KNOW. So the shop would get off.
Now, in today's world, the owner of the shop must Approve of the person's name being in the machine (I think they have even got lacks on that)
The deal was with BOTH having to sign it, there was no I DIDN'T KNOW.  They had a signature of the guy doing the smog and the guy who the OWNER said was good.
The owner of the shop had to sign off, saying YES I AM RESPONSIBLE.

Re: Proper Training

Able
Glad to see technicians from other fields are being properly trained. Yeah, us smogs TO guys have it pretty easy, but then easy to make costly mistakes too.

I've helped 4 new techs before and had them under careful supervisions before allowing them to work independently.

Wish someone helped me when I first started. Made a ton of mistakes myself.

ASM an older Merc-Bens when it was suppose to be TSI. Car shutdown on me during the test as a safeguard mechanism. (Lucky, because tranny could have been toasted).

Re: Proper Training

For the most part I find most inspectors learn enough to pass the state test then, learn as they go in the field

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020, 6:45 AM Troll [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've got a brochure from a public adjuster doing an insurance check over for me on my house.  It says that they must pass a state course, be fingerprinted, and background checked, and be bonded for $50K, and most importantly-Apprentice under another licensed public adjuster for an entire year.
Our current state's policy of as soon as an inspector passes their test- they're Insta Star ready with ZERO experience.
I do not use the term technician when describing an inspector.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Proper-Training-tp5081939.html