Public (Non-Public) B.A.R. Hearing....

stopthestarprogram
Administrator
We obtained this from our sources, B.A.R. states it's open to the public but after searching through their website no such hearing has been listed on their website for the public to attend.

Bureau of Automotive Repair
Engineering and Research Branch
10949 North Mather Blvd., Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
916.403.0172 Telephone
916.464.3425 Fax
www.smogcheck.ca.gov
STATE OF CALIFORNIA • STATE AND CONSUMER SERVICES AGENCY • GOVERNOR EDMUND G. BROWN JR.

BAR Educational Advisory Group Meeting
Saturday, November 17, 2012
9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Department of Consumer Affairs
Bureau of Automotive Repair
10949 North Mather Blvd.
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
(Multi-purpose Room, 1st Floor)

Advisory Group Members:

Rocky Carlisle, BAR, Standards and Training – Chair
Ed VanMil, BAR, Standards and Training
Greg Garrett, BAR, Standards and Training
Dara Dubois, State Dept. of Education
Jim Custeau, Cuyamaca College
Phil Fournier, Contract Instructor
Mike Morse, Shasta College
Kevin Rogers, Cosumnes River College
Steve Tomory, Rio Hondo College
Bud Rice, Owner, Quality Tune-Up
Craig Johnson, Owner, Craig Johnson Automotive
Mike Palmer, Owner, Midas Muffler
Justin Bunch - Technician
Gary Houseman - Technician

Agenda

1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Discussion of the goals of the Educational Advisory Group
3. Review of Changes in the Standards and Training Branch
4. New citation training program
5. STAR update
6. CalVIS update
2
7. Discussion of the BAR Specified Diagnostic and Repair Training
8. Discussion of the new draft regulations pertaining to BAR certified instructors and schools
9. Discussion of the new BAR update training classes available
10. Suggestions for future agenda items
11. Comments for items not on the Agenda
12. Adjourn

This meeting is open to the public and is held in a barrier-free facility in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any person with a disability who needs disability-related accommodations or modifications in order to participate in the meeting shall make a request by contacting Janelle Calindas either by phone at 916.403.0151 or by e-mail at Janelle.calindas@dca.ca.gov, or by sending a written request to Janelle Calindas, 10949 North Mather Blvd., Rancho Cordova, CA 95670. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will ensure availability of the requested accommodation.

Note:

The BAR Educational Advisory Group may not discuss or take any action on any issue raised that is not included in this agenda. The group may however decide to place the item on the agenda of a future meeting.

- Opportunity for public comment will be provided for each agenda item.
- The order of business is subject to change.
- The designated contact person for information concerning this meeting is Janelle Calindas; you may contact her by phone at 916.403.0151 or by e-mail at: janelle.calindas @dca.ca.gov.

Re: Public (Non-Public) B.A.R. Hearing....

smoginstructor
I will want to be there to see what these guys have up their sleeves!!

Re: Public (Non-Public) B.A.R. Hearing....

smogmeister
Anyone thought about contacting the techs in this meeting? They might be assholes but they might not be.I found where one of them works just by searching the name with the word mechanic.Maybe they can bring up some tech concerns like 20 tears smogging with no citations but now being shut out because of non logical secretive formulas.Joe blow with multiple cites but none within last few tears.Hes a top tech now.Same with clean pipers.Makes you want to pull your hair out.Im an owner so Ill find a way.Shit i might not even renew.Let someone else work and worry.But how bout techs who work for someone.They going to be unemployed with a useless license.We dont mind changing a couple things but it needs to be well thought out and tested over time not just slapped together by know nothings and implemented.We have to bring it down and not give in!