Pushing Forward

stopthestarprogram
Administrator
Ladies and Gentlemen,

At the moment we are pleased to acknowledge that the B.A.R. is aware of our movement and they are shaking in their socks.  At the moment we have only been able to educate about 1/4 of a percent of the smog check stations and owners about the evil plot that the B.A.R. is trying to put into effect.  We are looking for individuals who would like to help and promote the movement on their free time by taking flyers to other smog shops, calling other smog shops, calling other smog technicians and so forth.  If you would like to help and take this movement to the front door step of the State Legislature we would love to have you on board.  Please email us your telephone number, email, and Full Name to staff@stopthestarprogram.com.  WE hope everyone is doing awesome and LET STOP THEM NOW!!

Automotive Instructor

Re: Pushing Forward

Karupt
throughout the day i think of new questions to ask and i just thought of one minor one .The star program has already become law , so since it is already THE LAW isn't the best venue for those who are against this program is to repeal the law that established it ? I am just asking as it is kind of tough to go up against the law of the land .

Re: Pushing Forward

stopthestarprogram
Administrator
Its not tough to fight the law of the land when ever the laws are passed legally.  At this point B.A.R. has put into effect the STAR program without allowing the citizens of the state of California to vote it in which makes that law illegal, which is why we are fighting this unjust law.

Re: Pushing Forward

stopthestarprogram
Administrator
We are at the moment drafting sets of more information for you guys to have inorder to better understand why the STAR program is illegal and why we are fighting and why we need to stop it!!

Re: Pushing Forward

Citation Addict
They are making the data foot the bill. We all know. What I cant understand is if the analyzer is in the window of operation, How is it considered a Diviation? How about the update thier Appendix J properly. I keep finding cars that should be on that list.

Re: Pushing Forward

Karupt
@b toatally agree.

Re: Pushing Forward

Citation Addict
Heres another thing to.....The analyzers, why not get ESP, SPX, and Worldwide to admit there ****does not work properly.

Lets start with ESPs Dyno scale for measuring the cars wieght.... the bolts that hold it down they constantly break and at $80 a bolt plus the service call. Ill let you do the math....how about the non contact probe, it drops the RPM signal especially when your in the middle of your 3rd restart.....WTF.....and lets not forget those leaky gas cylinders. Tell me this, how is it the analyzer can pass the calibration if the damn things leak all the time just from opening and closing them? Calibration gas is not cheap. The plastic lines that supply everything...really? One breaks and your ******. SPX especially...on an off constantly with the 0 air and good god Worldwide? Where do I even start? Lets start with hiring more than one tech for service. How about getting here on time and being here when they say they are. There is no quality assurance let alone quality control and yet we are held responsible for things we cannot access? It should not cost $250 just to replace a $10 filter or $850 to upgrade the analyzer to do a simple function like RPM on a CAN car. Rediculous....It should be serviced at no cost to us.

Re: Pushing Forward

Karupt
all part of creating revenue for themselves and then gouging us , as they know we cannot work with our system down. My esp got audited and BAR found a nox censor that was not "authourized " that was 3300 dollars, then four weeks later the mother board goes another i believe it was 1400 then in Jan this year the wet dry pump took a dump that was another 600 dollars seriously ? ANd your right ,one tech for the whole county sometimes they work for three counties ! then they are allowed up to three days to come open the damm thing., I think if it is my machine i should be allowed access to all of it ! if i want to open the damm thing i should be allowed to open it , when you buy the system you buyalll of it not just the outside how friggin ridiculous, and I know its so that we don't manuever arround things and try to pass a car , but its a matter of rights . whew !gotta go

Re: Legislative Day

Gary
Are you aware that our Group the Calif ASCCA (Automotive Service Council of Calif) is going to Sacramento to meet with our legislators ( not sure of the Date) and discuss our industry concerns. Wouldn't this be a great time to join with then with your concerns. Have you brought your concerns to our organization and tried to partner with ASCCA ? As you stated power is in numbers, we are a state wide organization with a membership of about 1800 shop owners.

Re: Legislative Day

smoginstructor
Gary please email me your contact information to staff@stopthestarprogram.com so I can contact you so we can set up a game plan.