QA/STATE remote lockout

Newbiesmogtech
Have a buddy thats also in the smog industry also that told me his gen 3 BAR 97 has been locked out for apparently no reason. He's try reaching local field office all day and is not getting anywhere. He must have left dozens of voicemails.  How is this legal? I would understand if BAR inspector came and saw he was missing equipment or his station wasn't up to standards but a remote lockout with no answer as to why is insane.  Hes been down whole day and looks like he hasn't even received a call back.

I checked his license and its still valid, No citations, and station is still STAR. He'll know more when BAR rep finally responds to his voicemails. Its crazy to me how bar can just flick and on/off switch and there goes your livelihood.

Re: QA/STATE remote lockout

Paula Deen
What does the gen 3 display it's locked out for when attempting a smog? Being more specific would help.
Ex foodnetwork star, now a dang smog checker

Re: QA/STATE remote lockout

gambit620
Your buddy must have entered in wrong engine size or something to cause the lock out.
The BAR lock out a lot shop in my area because the BAR think they are cheating. So be careful guys when you do Smog on gen3

Re: QA/STATE remote lockout

Evil Morty
tell him call sacramento sometimes field office is lazy af
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: QA/STATE remote lockout

Newbiesmogtech

This is what he gets, Still no callback from his local field office, i told him to call opus so they can call sacramento. He thinks he might have used wrong weight on a vehicle. Last inspection was done 4:30ish pm on the 21st, he didn't notice lockout until noon the next day when car finally showed up.

Re: QA/STATE remote lockout

Paula Deen
Interesting.Who knows your friends situation but if this is a new BAR tactic at stopping cleanpipers, good for them.
Ex foodnetwork star, now a dang smog checker

Re: QA/STATE remote lockout

Wrong weight isn't going to get him locked out. Ask him to look at the emission readings from the test and see if anything looks out of normal.

Re: QA/STATE remote lockout

none
No One wrote
Wrong weight isn't going to get him locked out. Ask him to look at the emission readings from the test and see if anything looks out of normal.
My ESP GEN3 locked out for the scale being off but it said so on the screen

Re: QA/STATE remote lockout

No One wrote
Wrong weight isn't going to get him locked out. Ask him to look at the emission readings from the test and see if anything looks out of normal.
My ESP GEN3 locked out for the scale being off but it said so on the screen
I know if you get too many improper weight issues you get locked out.

Re: QA/STATE remote lockout

Evil Morty
thats like when the bar locks you out of your dad unit for too many data check fails
the state will come by later in the week or two to unlock the machine and tell you to make sure nothing comes in between the dad and car or OBD in your friends case
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: QA/STATE remote lockout

STAR is Racist
Could it be that your buddy is working at a repair station that has no repair technician license in the system?