Question for those who have appealed a citation.

Question for those who have appealed a citation.

Citation Addict
Does the ALJ give you a chance to speak? Im under the impression it can be a matter of minutes and he/ she makes a decision no matter how long you make your case.

Re: Question for those who have appealed a citation.

Mark
You ain't going to win. By appealing your buying time.
Your year count down don't start till BAR has it's money.
So you have to decide based on your situation if you wan't
more time, or if you want your year count down to start as
soon as possible.

Re: Question for those who have appealed a citation.

its pretty much the same as any other court case.
the state provides their evidence and expert witnesses.
then you have a chance to cross examine them.
vice versa and yer done.
mine took about an hour. And I got a split decision. I won my side as a tech but lost on the shop side.

Re: Question for those who have appealed a citation.

FRUSTRATED
The Admin Law Judge who is supposedly neutral will hear both sides.  One thing to consider, the year time from citation will not start running until the decision is finalized and accepted by the BAR.  Example, citation 8/13, appeal and hearing 9/14, decision rendered 12/14, Bar accepts decision 3/15, your citation will run 1 year of time from 3/15.

Re: Question for those who have appealed a citation.

Citation Addict
Can you guys give me some examples what you used in your case? (I got yours Tampered, thanks.)Section numbers such as "emissions dont pose any eminent danger to the public"....ect.

Re: Question for those who have appealed a citation.

Mike
BAR said they removed "the pulse air system" on my citation, I argued they only removed one part of the pulse air system, ( a valve under the intake manifold) if they said they removed "the pulse air system" shouldn't it mean all of the pulse air system?
Didn't mean anything to the "judge"

Re: Question for those who have appealed a citation.

two different BAR approved books , one says yes TAC one says none. label doesnt' specify , try looking at the MIthcell and Motor .

Re: Question for those who have appealed a citation.

Citation Addict
Book says it does, but we all know how reliable the books are which will be one of my arguements.