Raising Prices.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Gold Shield across street dropped by. Asked if I was raising my price the first of the year. Told him No.
I figure the maintenance contract on the BAR 97, and if we get rid of the phone lines I should just about be even.

 Any one else? Up, down or staying the same.

Re: Raising Prices.

none
I'm planning on raising my prices on the 1999 and older. There are less people doing them around here now. When the new machine is required I think it will be even less.

The last week has been so busy that by 2:00 I was booked out until 5:30. I would rather raise my prices and maybe do less but make the same (maybe even more)

Re: Raising Prices.

BasicTech678
alot of places no long have bar 97 i think most of the gen1 customers, i also believe raising prices for 95 under is good for everyone.

Re: Raising Prices.

I raised my price years ago. Really like working on POS cars owned by POS people? ASM is too technical to explain and dangerous to do. Diagnosis requires a special skill-set and a dyno. Close passed test are more likely to hurt my own FPR. What's not to like?

Charge more and be happy!

Or

Compete with others and realize a lower bottom line.

Re: Raising Prices.

StarTech
raised prices on 99 and older.

99 older cost roughly 10-20 more than 2000+

If they don't want to do it, I don't care :) Go to the other guy who is willing to suffer for 30 dollars lol

Re: Raising Prices.

xcinlb
I raised my prices last summer and will do so again in Sept. After I raised my prices, I had the same number of people complain about prices when my prices were lower and now higher. So some will complain no matter what. I ended doing more dollar volume, with a few less smogs. My rent keeps going up, new BAR 97 machine, cost of living increase for employees, my personal bills go up, so if this keeps happening, prices for smogs needs to keep in line with increases. Remember, you can't have customers  run your business. Its better to do less smogs for the same or more dollar volume, less wear and tear on machines and human resources. 2000 and newer will get about $3.00, older will get $5 to $25 ranging from SUV's to Motorhomes, to exotics.