Re: Introduce yourself

Kevin
hello old guy here . happy to see new people getting started here

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 4:14 AM tampered [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
tampered created a new subcategory: Introduce yourself

In order to fight spam we are requireing all new registered users to post a few words showing that you are for real and not a spammer.  Give us some thoughts on the smog program or something.  Once you've shown your colors, I'll upgrade you to a full fledged member and you'll have permission to post, reply, and create new topics in the main forum, but for right now, all you'll be able to do is view and post in this sub forum. Everyone else has already been added to the the members group, there may have already been a few spammers in there, but I can get rid of them once they spam and they'll have to go through this when they come back with a new email address and username
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Introduce-yourself-f5082408.html

Kevin Casillas

Re: Introduce yourself

3MW0LB
Hey all, I'm new to these forums, so im going to take a seat and relax and stay for a while, thanks for letting me join!

Re: Introduce yourself

Lili
I am smog tech and shop owner. 20 years in business.

Re: Introduce yourself

You're now in 3mwolb

EDIT: lili, you're already in!
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: Introduce yourself

Smogtech9
Hi. I kinda new to smog and like how this forum has so much useful information.  I'm here to join.

Re: Introduce yourself

OneSmoggyGuy
Hey STARs! i'm an up and comer and a real BIG DOG >:)
I'm here to STIR things UP. And if I need help I'm not afraid to ask for it. (But only AFTER doing my OWN research first!) cause that's what I am ... one... SMOGGY GUY !!!!

Re: Introduce yourself

No One
OneSmoggyGuy wrote
Hey STARs! i'm an up and comer and a real BIG DOG >:)
I'm here to STIR things UP. And if I need help I'm not afraid to ask for it. (But only AFTER doing my OWN research first!) cause that's what I am ... one... SMOGGY GUY !!!!
GO AWAY BESTA FAKE ACCOUNT!!

Re: Introduce yourself

Smogtech9
I need some advice.  I got 2 cars coming back to me for a retest due to monitor.  1 car keeps turning off as I check for the monitor cause the cat won't set and the other car I suspect the a check engine light on cause he keeps resetting it, I see his scanner in the car.  What should I do?

Re: Introduce yourself

none
If either car is newer look at the live data and see if it shows the miles driven and warm ups since reset. If it is older (pre-2000) cat may be very hard to set but if there are no pending codes I would likely retest it. The only cars I know that shut off when checking monitors are Ford 7.3L diesels and 2007 BMW 3 series (sulev I think).

Re: Introduce yourself

Smogtech9
I don't really want to pass these 2 cars even if the monitor are completed somehow.  They got over 200k on them and seem like it's going to fail the next time the smog is due.  I still have to smog their car,right?

Re: Introduce yourself

You're in. Welcome!

You're in
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: Introduce yourself

pena1526
are you suppose NOT to tests a car with pending codes?

Re: Introduce yourself

none
pena1526 wrote
are you suppose NOT to tests a car with pending codes?
You can but it tends to be hard on the FPR.

On pre-2000, if they have cat incomplete and a pending cat code it would raise flags with me. If they have cat incomplete but no pending codes I wouldn't be too worried.

Re: Introduce yourself

pena1526 wrote
are you suppose NOT to tests a car with pending codes?
I know some guys out there charge $150-200 to test cars with pending codes. Some reset the light and have the customers drive around, come back, and pass it. This is considered by the BAR to be forcing a malfunctioning vehicle to pass.