Re: UC List Update

honesttech
Its 89 c20? I had one with an extra cat after the resonator

Re: UC List Update

justa
Banned User

Re: UC List Update

cosmokramertheassman
I don't even test those anymore. I give them the boot. I'm pretty close to refusing anything and everything pre-1990. So much easier not having to deal with junk.

Re: UC List Update

This is the factory set up on many of these heavy duty trucks. If it had the emissions label still it would read something like TWC/OC. Some 1 ton trucks only have one cat and it is after the muffler.

Re: UC List Update

just another shop owner wrote
If it's the one I'm thinking of, Yep that's where they put them.
I still see those once in awhile.  Those old "bead" cats are pretty tough.  There's a crazy old man with an immaculate 77 Vette, and he makes early morning appointments every two years so I won't get too much grime on his car while I carefully inspect it.  It has the original "bead" cat, and always passes with flying colors.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: UC List Update

  So , the old trucks with the flat looking cats. that are located After the muffler are okay as long as they don't have one forward of the muffler ?

Re: UC List Update

none
deezknutsrus wrote
So , the old trucks with the flat looking cats. that are located After the muffler are okay as long as they don't have one forward of the muffler ?
NO some have one in front of the muffler ALSO (T2) and the emissions label will read OC/TWC.

If you look in the green Mitchell application book for, as example, 1989 Chevrolet P/U 5.7L TBI 8501 GVWR it shows OC,TWC for California only  BUT the white Motor book shows one TWC.