Referee Appointment

kfworry
gI have been on hold now for the third time trying to make
an appointment with the Referee.
After 26 minutes on hold it says "leave a message".
What a joke!!
It's about time the BAR gets investigated like the DMV.

Re: Referee Appointment

scanner
kfworry wrote
gI have been on hold now for the third time trying to make
an appointment with the Referee.
After 26 minutes on hold it says "leave a message".
What a joke!!
It's about time the BAR gets investigated like the DMV.
The referee is run by Foundation for California Community Colleges  That's why you find the stations at community colleges.

https://foundationccc.org/What-We-Do/Community-Impact/Smog-Check-Referee-Program/Consumer-Services

They have their own issues.  I had a vehicle that failed for a "Data Check Fail".   I spoke with the local manager that didn't have a clue as to what was wrong with the PCM.   At best all he could tell me was "If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you."   Eventually it turned out that nothing was wrong with the vehicle.   At least the consumer got reimbursed.

Re: Referee Appointment

smog frogposter
The referee program is a joke, a bunch of untrained idiots running a circus show but unfortunately this is who we have to deal with in terms of difficulties regarding an inspection for the smog check program. Had a customer come back several times for the same exact issue regarding vehicle RPM dropping to -1 during a dynamic OBDII test phase and it took the customer having to record on her phone what we were seeing on the computer screen, a number of different aborts and several printed out screenshots with hand written notes with the reasons why we could not test the vehicle and the referees would still not see the customer until finally someone was arsed enough to actually verify the concerns instead of sidestepping the customer.

Re: Referee Appointment

The hole program needs to revamped

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Referee-Appointment-tp5079289.html