Referee cert required

Knitpickens
 "due to irregularities or discrepancies identified during last smog check inspection , this vehicle requires inspection at a Referee station" ummm does this mean this vehicle got a clean pipe or clean plug ? i got one in today , used this site to get ref.# . i guess previous owner was king kleenPiper?

Re: Referee cert required

No One
I have both the ref and BAR number on my invoices. I also included www.smogcheck.ca.gov

Re: Referee cert required

smog frogposter
Had a 93 toyota pick up with dual rear wheels and a flat bed give that same referee only certification message, we noticed that it had a monster exhaust leak and the engine's idle was raised high but just low enough to perform a TSI. The bossman didn't want to lose a Shekel so we did a pretest on it instead and it miraculously passed the emissions test despite the exhaust leak (we anticipated dilution errors and an abort) the only thing that stuck out was the high idle, and the illegible aftermarket catalyst which failed for the visual. Maybe the BAR monitors vehicles with excessive dilution levels and raises a red flag whenever they see the exhaust dilution disappear but keep returning after every new inspection cycle as if to imply people use an entirely different vehicle?

Re: Referee cert required

none
smog frogposter wrote
Had a 93 toyota pick up with dual rear wheels and a flat bed give that same referee only certification message,...perform a TSI....
That might be the issue though. Why would you do a TSI when it is under 10,000 lb GVWR and under 5000 lbs unloaded rear axle weight? I do ASM tests on those.

Re: Referee cert required

STAR is Racist
I've had at least 2, both OBD2 Ford Rangers returning customers with no mods and no apparent reason to need an illegal smog VIN matched computer but came up Ref smog required.

Re: Referee cert required

Best Answer I Can Give
 It make ZERO sense at all. 70 plus year old guy driving a old man car. Ref.

Re: Referee cert required

smog frogposter
The Dual rear wheels were too big for the Dyno.

Re: Referee cert required

 Just had a guy in that works at a Dealer. His cars are STAR.
He is telling me he has had 5 repairs in the last month. All  had to do with computer miss match info. Numbers in the computer did match.

Re: Referee cert required

laziiee
yea I dyno those dual wheel toyota too, you're suppose to.

Re: Referee cert required

No One
laziiee wrote
yea I dyno those dual wheel toyota too, you're suppose to.
I have done tsi on some those because the truck bed is modified to the point where I cant get them on the dyno. Never gotten a ding for it either.