Referee directed because of tamper history

Referee directed because of tamper history

Lili
Just had a customer came in with Referee directed highlighted in yellow..( Vehicle test History page).

No Data mismatch history is shown only one tamper in 2014.
NO D = Data Check Fail. The vehicle's OBD system data is inappropriate for the vehicle being tested,

 Have anyone seen this?
Are they sending cars that had tamper history to the referee because the past tamper put the cars in the black list...

Re: Referee directed because of tamper history

none
I'm guessing it either had a data discrepancy on it's last smog two years ago or had a data check fail earlier the same day which wouldn't show on the test history page yet.

Re: Referee directed because of tamper history

Evaponly818
Data check fails show same day unlike pass, fail or not ready

Re: Referee directed because of tamper history

A few cars I smogged 2 years ago now require a ref inspection this year. Of course they're sports cars I'm assuming had a pcm flash or something. I don't pre screen vehicles so I don't really worry Bar thinking I was '' in on it''.
Bunch of plumpy hens stop overeating!

Re: Referee directed because of tamper history

Evil Morty
been seeing 80's chevy and nissan trucks referee only lately
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: Referee directed because of tamper history

Best Answer I Can Give
 You will have to admit that the programs BAR comes up with have some good reasoning behind them, but a 2002 dodge mini van? Owned by a OLD guy?

 First one I got. Did it two years ago.

 Same with the Dynamic test, Gamma's Toyota Corolla?

 Now why does it not say it on the notice? Person waits, and you then tell them Sorry you have wasted your time waiting.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Referee directed because of tamper history

Best Answer I Can Give
 Up date as of 2 minutes ago.

The guy phones to get a appointment. They tell him he NEEDS a failed report. WTF You can't do a VIR because it throws you OUT.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Referee directed because of tamper history

Lili wrote
Just had a customer came in with Referee directed highlighted in yellow..( Vehicle test History page).
Me too.  The guy was trying to get a smog test on a 2005 Jeep Wrangler.   He's spent a couple of months trying to get his O2 Heater Monitor to run.  I told him, just c'mon in, and I'll take care of him.  Easy money, if all is well with his Wrangler.   OIS will allow for this monitor to NOT run.   OIS halted the inspection, and directed him to the referee.

Re: Referee directed because of tamper history

No One
scanner wrote
Lili wrote

wtf is an off cycle vehicle audit?

Re: Referee directed because of tamper history

none
It probably showed it passing before WITH the O2 heater monitor complete and it raised flags.

I like how the model description keeps changing.Next it will come back as a "Wrangler Rubicon".

 Just had a 06 Wrangler in. There is a Service Bulletin about that. It a  FREEBIE
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Referee directed because of tamper history

No One wrote
wtf is an off cycle vehicle audit?
The customer just bought the Jeep.

Re: Referee directed because of tamper history

It probably showed it passing before WITH the O2 heater monitor complete and it raised flags.

I like how the model description keeps changing.Next it will come back as a "Wrangler Rubicon".
Yeah, someone probably clean plugged it to pass in prior smog inspections.