Refining recruitment, and the new chat room.

Refining recruitment, and the new chat room.

Mark

I have been thinking about how best to use our recruitment time and energy.
My thoughts are the if we contacted shops that have recently had to fork
over a grand or so to the BAR we might have a better chance of getting
His/Her attention. Just so happens that the BAR has kindly given us a list
of those exact victims. If you go to link below....

http://www.bar.ca.gov/70_SiteWideInfo/Library/ARSCNewsletters2012.html

You can see lists of screw letters. You need to download the most
recent one which is "Winter 2012" You need a PDF reader to open it. If you
don't have one you can get one at link below.

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

I passed up the ones that were clean piping or had the most serious action.
One I don't agree with clean piping and two most are out of business anyway.

If you scroll down to the nit pick citations. I picked the first 10 for next
week. I plan on calling two a day starting with......

Speedy Smog

And ending with.

Express lube stop

Would anybody like to commit to taking the next 10? That would be from.

Pro smogs

And ending with

Serramonte 76

Anybody after that just take the next 10. It would be helpful if you would
post in this thread so nobody would contact the shop twice in one week.

The screw letter was also mailed to every shop and I believe every tech so if
you have the letter it's the same as one the BAR site.

To get the phone number you can do a Internet based search at link below.
http://www.411.com/

I simply entered the business name.
Speedy Smog

and zip code
91502

then picked the information below out of a list.

280 W Alameda Ave
Burbank, CA 91502

(818) 848-8740
Hours:
Sun: Closed
Mon: 8:00am-6:00pm
Tue: 8:00am-6:00pm
Wed: 8:00am-6:00pm
Thu: 8:00am-6:00pm
Fri: 8:00am-6:00pm
Sat: 8:00am-4:00pm

We need to get the word out ASAP. Anybody willing to take Pro smogs to Serramonte 76?

We have a Cool new chat room! Many thanks to its creator. To find the chat room look up
at the navigation bar.

Kind of short notice to have Chat tomorrow so I was thinking about next week instead of this
Sunday. Besides talking about the STAR problem and other things that this site is doing.
You can also list smog equipment that you might wont to buy or sell. You might be a Tech
looking for a job or a shop looking for a tech. You might wont to say your peace about
a bar inspector or an outcome of a citation challenge. Problem customers or problem cars.
New CAN diagnostics. The Idea is to keep each other informed and get a cohesive unit that
has the man power to act when needed. This site needs to be hit a million times a month till
every Smog Tech and BAR rat in California know about it. When at some point we make the news.
We need to direct the mass media to this site for answers.

So.....
Recap......

1. Need help BAD! Please! can we start calling through the list. We need to get it done and
move on. If your pissed at the BAR and want to do something about it here is one way to tell
them where to put there overbearing Nazi style money grab.

2. Chat next week 7:00. Talk about anything related to the Smog check industry good or bad.

Not everybody in the world is a computer genius including myself. If your having trouble with
the phone # list or anything on this site please post it or contact
http://stopthestarprogram.com

Lets roll guys..........
SCREW THE BAR>>>>>>>

Re: Refining recruitment, and the new chat room.

Mark
Results of today's calling efforts.

I called 5 out of the ten on my list not necessarily in order.
Results were as follows.

1. No longer doing smogs.

2. Kept getting a fax machine.

3. Got a smog tech he had never heard of http://stopthestarprogram.com
gave positive feed back said he would check out site.

4. Same as #3

5. Got owner who was not tech. Said he was not sure but tend to like Star. He felt
that Star would help his business but said he would visit site.

Took about 20 min....

Reminder Chat next Sunday 7:00