Repair Tech License Extension - ET Blast 8-7-2020

Repair Tech License Extension - ET Blast 8-7-2020

His_Stigness
I got in late today, so the first thing I saw on the OIS was the ET blast about a possible temporary extension on Repair Tech licenses (EI) due to COVID-19 and the requirement for the 16 hour update training.

Wanted to get your guys' input on whether you called the BAR and actually got through to someone/what they told you.

Re: Repair Tech License Extension - ET Blast 8-7-2020

none
I saw a post on the FACEBOOK smog page that you could possibly do the update online through Butte community college also.

Re: Repair Tech License Extension - ET Blast 8-7-2020

His_Stigness
Can you share a link either to the facebook group, or the post?

I'm down in SoCal and my local community college has done some weird shit and rolled the update course into the semester long smog tech class. I was emailing the department head about it and told me that for the 16 hour update portion I would have to come into the lab, I couldn't it online (they moved the program online except for the lab portion), so I said fuck that. First off, I'd be paying for more units than I need, and I'm not going into a classroom with a bunch of people. I know the smog tech institute has moved online so I was going to do that and talk to my boss about covering some of the cost. But if Butte is doing it online I'll look into that.

Re: Repair Tech License Extension - ET Blast 8-7-2020

none
https://www.facebook.com/groups/natedavis/permalink/2654251754786758/

I took my last update with SEAN LOCH and I can say he is a good instructor.

Re: Repair Tech License Extension - ET Blast 8-7-2020

SeanLoch
Thank you for sharing the facebook post, here is the link to Butte Colleges page for sign up
https://butte.augusoft.net/index.cfm?fuseaction=1010
This is a 12HR online class  for your repair license(and YES BAR approved me to do this training Online) 12hr class + the 4 hour BAR online will give you the 16 hours required for license renewal, also the 4hr online BAR training is good for both repair license and inspector too.

Re: Repair Tech License Extension - ET Blast 8-7-2020

His_Stigness
I had no idea the 4 hour online waste of time, sorry, update course, could be applied to the repair update training. I guess I never thought to ask because my local community college always did the update class as a full 16 hours.

Re: Repair Tech License Extension - ET Blast 8-7-2020

dcf1ver
His_Stigness wrote
talk to my boss about covering some of the cost.
He should be covering all of the cost.

Good employers do......

Re: Repair Tech License Extension - ET Blast 8-7-2020

His_Stigness
We're still not doing repairs yet, which is their fault, not mine, and I wasn't in the mood to argue with them so I offered up them paying half of it.